Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon Today (shore)
I checked out East Canyon today, to see how the trout action is. Last time I was there I lost a big bow that shook free. This time it was the same story. Two rainbows were hooked, but they both shook free. Those East Canyon bows are good at that. Another group was doing well with bait, but I didn't ask what they were using. I switched spots to see if that would improve the fishing. The bite was still slow, but a fish eventually took my crankbait (deep diving Lucky Craft). A surprise brown. That was a first for me, having never caught a brown from a reservoir. I'm hoping the ice season will be faster fishing at EC.

[Image: Brown.jpg]
[signature]
What section of east canyon did you fish at because I went today and caught 20+ bows and lost a tons from the high launch into the sky they went. If you saw a float tuber all in winter gear with a fly rod that would of been. As well when I got the fish unhooked the place wasn't quiet for to long.
[signature]
I was by the dam. I saw a guy with a pontoon, but I didn't see the float tube.

I also had some choice words for those bows that got off the hook. I'm usually tolerant of that, but it seems to be a recurring event at East Canyon for me.

I thought about taking my fly rod, but took the spinning instead. What fly line type do you use at East Canyon?
[signature]
If you want to get into the nice bows you going be out in the water. Fly fishing on shore sucked. For sure after showing my dad the big bows hes dragging me up there sunday before they close. As well I was about to go to the dam until I found my magical spot with bows ever toss and troll in a specific spot.

I was using sinking line with 5-8ft of 2X tippet. I cant remember what sinking like I have on but I know it goes like 3' per sec.

You will love my post that's coming up soon.
[signature]