Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EAST CANYON SLAYING TIME!!!!
Today I just had to go fishing some where with big bows that I know where they are instead of getting brutality Frankenstein fish like on the Provo River. I was at my fishing spot by 7:00 am ish had a few fun delays happenings while on the way. Let's just say it was so much fun in a sarcastic voice. Lucky I brought the Float Tube of Death this time so she can feed on some flopping bows. First I just tossed some bait out there land 2, by the time catching those 2 bows it was time to let the float tube float me away from shore. Before leaving I notice a "Crawdad".

That was a great sign for me because I knew that my fly box had quite a few of crawdads whispering into my ear but I started with a black woolly only land on in the tube with it and then a few bites then it was dead action. Had fun time catching a few bows early morning till it was time for lunch break as well break from the cramping legs because of all the flipping around the lake I was doing. While eating on shore tossed my great old bait friend end up catching a few 15" and 16" and the first 17" on shore.

After that great lunch break of home made apple cake and other goodies I brought it was time to get serious with my fly rod. Tossed out the crawdad that was pinching my ears and saying "Use me now or you will regret it." Tossed it and flip troll around and in a matter of minute the fighting bows come to make my day. As well there was like one section on the lake if i tossed it out and trolled to shore I would get another bow one after another.

I end up catching 20+ bows mostly on crawdad or magical bait. Most fish were range from 15-16" and 6 of them were 17+". I let those small ones go and kept the 17+". Gosh the water was cold and uncomfortable but it was worth catching all the bows as well watching the big bows flopping out of the water like a missile while they unhook them selves and I watch the crawdad go one way and the fish goes the other way being free. Kept my 4 bow limit with pride.

It looked like I got a great deal on the bows for the east canyon black friday sale going on. Ha Ha Ha [Tongue] As well remo_5_0 if you think those pics of the bows are smaller then 10" you are blind and need to stop catching those baby mud kitties at night. [Tongue]

WARNING THE ROAD TO GET TO EAST CANYON FROM LITTLE DELL WILL BE CLOSING NOV 26 AT 3PM.

http://s1055.beta.photobucket.com/user/f...sort=3&o=0
[signature]
Nice job on the bows. It's good to see that someone did well there today. It definitely seems to be better on a float tube than from shore.
[signature]
Ya for sure it was better out in the water then on shore. It just drives me crazy when I dont hook them good enough to get them in but they are going for crawdads now. Ya the spawner bow sorda gave me a small surprise of eggs but I put them back in the water to hope that it might grow or just be food for another fish [laugh].

Fly fishing from shore failed bit time not even a nibble but when you get into the deep end and know what stripping patter they like the fun will begin.
[signature]
remo_5_0 if you think those pics of the bows are smaller then 10" you are blind and need to stop catching those baby mud kitties at night. [:p]

Wrong guy, I have never caught a catfish.[crazy]
[signature]
sure sure sure we know you always go to the jordan river to catch those dinker kitties. That's why you think my fish are small when your fish are smaller ha ha ha. [Tongue]

At least do me a favor get your eyes check by a doctor so you can see that I can catch some nice size fish ha ha ha. Especially so you can see the nice size bows I've been catching in east canyon. [laugh]
[signature]
At least those are better than every pic you take of Uinta Mountain 10 inchers. [shocked]
[signature]
Ya I'm still sure someone needs to go to the doctors office. Watch out what the uinta mountains will bring. I will go to one of my secret spots and pull out a big tiger one day. It will take some time but I will do it just for you so you will be surprised what the uinta mountain can blast into your face to make you jealous.

Ive had 20+" tigers on but Sadly unhooked but you will see one in my hands then on this form. The uinta is one mysterious place if you know where to go.
[signature]
Go get em'
[signature]
This summer I will get it believe it. I will have more time to find the big one.
[signature]