Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 limits by noon
Black Friday trip to Duchesne. in the blind by 6:30. Not real cold, but chilly. We soon forgot about the cold as the birds started rolling in. had 50 or so birds on the water by shooting hours. Pretty narrow strip of water so most of the birds had swam to the left or right, out of range. 6:47, buffle head int he decoys.. 6:49 we let it rip.

it pretty much went like this:
buffle head
green head
green head
wigeon
wigeon
gaddy
gaddy
gaddy
green head
wigeon
RING NECK - BOOYA!
wigeon
wigeon
gaddy
gaddy
gaddy
wigeon wigeon

And we rounded up our limits with, you guessed it wigeon and gadwall. one helluva fun hunt up there. will make one more by Christmas i am sure. not as many mallards as reported earlier in the week,. Waiting on the next barch of "good" weather to bring in some fresh birds. RED HEAD stil on top of the list.
[signature]
man that sounds like a sweet hunt! lots of birds out in Duchene! Love drake buffies coming in a foot off the deck!

Where are the pictures??
[signature]
there were a few taken, but someone forgot the camera. so i am at their mercy.. give me a few days and check back. no action shots just a tailgate pile of birds is probably the best i got.
[signature]
With the warmer temps your duck hunting shouldn't get messed up by the hard deck like it has in the past. Can't wait to see the pics man. Btw my brother was down in Texas last week and harassed some largemouth on lake o the pines.
[signature]
lucky dawg.. i have 90% of my immediate family here now. not much of an excuse to go back. not sure when i will the the Lake o the Pines agian.

your right, with htis weather, the lake isnt going to freeze soon, but without the weather, the birds are almost out of here. need some weather to bring in some fresh birds.
[signature]
+1 on the bad weather moving in. Waiting on my call from Idaho to go hunt with my cousin when the geese arrive in force. The wife and I have a couple cow elk tags to try to fill in Jan. down by Duchesne.
[signature]
got a couple of pics finally..
[signature]
Nice! Man that almost makes me want to take up duck hunting...[Tongue]
[signature]