Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spurious ducks.
I was supposed to go hunting with a fellow BFT'er today but after yesterdays big 0, I decided to stay home. About noonish I got an invite to some "hot" action. Dubiously I made it out about 3ish. While certainly not hot, I managed a quartet. 2 Bull Pinnies, a hen Mallard, and a silly Spoonie. I only let 2 out of the decoys alive.

Needless to say, I now have a place to hit Sunday. Gonna head out in the afternoon with canoe. I got an open seat if any one is interested? Pm please.
[signature]
Nice sprigs there!
[signature]
Thanks!
[signature]
Ive been aching to head out myself. bought me an sx3 and only been able to try it out a couple times
I love the x3. Just can not put down the x2 to shoot it.
[signature]
I put a kicks high flyer full choke in it and im not sure if i like it... i might just go get the invector plus full and see what it does..... I never clip birds but when i used the modified choke that came with the gun seemed to be a problem for me. I like this choke and it patterns well just not quite what im after
I've been throwing #2s through a patternmaster for a couple years now, I've been very satisfied with it. I'm able to reliably fold ducks out to 35 yards
[signature]
I used to shoot a mossberg935 with the kicks ported modified choke and it would make birds come down like meteors. maybe i will try the invector maybe a kicks in mod. I dunno yet. I'm a director of a waterfowl club here in northern utah so i cant lose my touch otherwise the boys will all laugh at me! Cant wait to head out again my lil princess was born 2 weeks ago and momma has needed a lil help around the house so I havent been able to make it recently, but I'm thinkin an hr or 2 this weekend wont hurt anything!
Nothing like hunting to keep the rust off!

Congrats on the little girl man! We just found out we're expecting our first! Holy crap, I'm gonna be a dad!
[signature]
being a first time daddy myself. I will tell ya dont get too worked up and worried about it.. I was freakin out the last month or so of her pregnancy wondering if i had everything ready, wondering if I was ready... but when they put her in my arms all that went away and its been wonderful.
I'm trying not to get too worked up but it's quite a change coming!

I'm feeling like we've got a girl cooking as well, won't know for another 10 weeks though. Makes me glad when I see all the dads posting up pics with their little girls on the wildlife forum
[signature]