Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My last day, this year, at the Berry 11-30-12
Got there a bit after 8 am. Clouds just about completely blocked out the sun. No real bad wind all day but a constant breeze for sure.

Could only catch over deep water. Think 45 plus feet deep. Fished a fast sinking line. Only needed 3 flies all day but I tried a bunch of different ones. Caught the most on a yellow ice-dub bugger. Second and third were tied between Electric Black dubbed bugger (some dubbing I picked up years ago from Dennis Brakke at the Fly Desk) and a Thin Mint. The thin mint can be seen on youtube.

Almost forgot, ended up with 29. 1 bow the rest were cutts.
[signature]
You caught 29 cause we weren't there[Wink]
LAST?????? We are still getting warm days.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]WIMP[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Just take on plenty of antifreeze...to keep your lower unit(s) from freezing up.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I might go again if someone reports it's good next week.

And yes I am glad the Joni curse was not on me this week.

For those that don't know The Joni Cursed is when I did really good one week and Joni shows up to fish it the next week and I can't catch a lick. It's happened to me three times now.

Don't get me wrong she still catches bunches but my catch goes to or near zero.
[signature]
[quote OldTroller]I might go again if someone reports it's good next week.

And yes I am glad the Joni curse was not on me this week.

For those that don't know The Joni Cursed is when I did really good one week and Joni shows up to fish it the next week and I can't catch a lick. It's happened to me three times now.

Don't get me wrong she still catches bunches but my catch goes to or near zero.[/quote]

Awwww my work is done...LOL Maybe DC soon for wheels and leaders?
[signature]