Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chillin' in Dec
The wind was at a moderate level, so I thought what the heck and threw my Fish Cat 4 and electric motor in the back of the truck and headed out for a couple of hours. I haven't been on a lake since spring.....Spring at least was warmer!

I began to wonder if insanity had set in instead of cabin fever. Luckily the drive wasn't long so I didn't chicken out and turn around.

I got to the reservoir at about noon. The air was 40 something, the water was a high of 38. I was glad that I still have a good pair of neoprene waders! Between them and a combination of wool and polar fleece it wasn't bad at all.......for the first couple of hours anyway.

I pushed off from shore and got out about 50 feet when my rod got slammed. It almost went out of my hand. I wasn't expecting a fish to hit yet, and I really wasn't expecting that hard of a take. With a nice rainbow in the net, I warmed right up and was delighted that it was such a fine day to be out fishing!

[Image: Dec1.JPG]

The first fish was the longest, but also the skinniest. Most of the rest of the fish were fatter. Here are some of them:

This one was absolutely obese.... but acrobatic. I only got this poor picture of it, then it did a back flip right out of the net.

[Image: Dec2.JPG]

A couple more:

[Image: Dec3.JPG]

[Image: Dec4.JPG]

By 2PM communication with my feet was getting to be a challenge. Plus the weather was starting to get worse. All together it was an adventure, and a really nice outing on the water!

[Image: Dec5.JPG]
[signature]
Awesome !!
[signature]
Very nice! Very phat.
[signature]
Like David Lee Roth said on the new Van Halen..."FROSTY" (meaning cool)[Smile]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Lovely.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Great cure for cabin fever but a good way to get other people looking at you funny. Us silly tubers sure do foolish things in the name of fun.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
It was a little cool, but it was more fun than doing the dishes!! The dishes will be there, but a day with fish is a day well spent. Actually the only cold part was my toes after a couple of hours. I needed another pair of wool socks. It is about the same as wading on the rivers.

There were a couple of trucks that drove by really slow..... I don't think they were duck hunting... So maybe they were pondering my chances of getting back out with all my toes.

I'm with you, FG .... "Frosty!!"
[signature]
Nice and icey! [:p] Glad you had fun but I still thinks its a little nuts to go out at this time of year.[cool]
[signature]