Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek road access?
Anyone know how the road to the LC launch is? I would like to take the boat out there this weekend, and I am worried about the last 1/4 mile, as I know it's shaded most of the day.

Last year I made the journey up there and the roads were all clear up until that hill after the damn, then the road was snow packed and made for a fun day of trying to get back up and out. Luckily I met some nice guys, who had fell into a similar situation, I helped them get up and they in returned helped me, but would like to avoid that happening again. Any info would be appreciated.
[signature]
[font "Calibri"]I fished it last week and did pretty well on the cutts from the bank. I made it all the way to the head waters in my 2WD commuter car. Roads at that time were a little wet but completely clear of snow. I pulled down to the ramp and watched two small tub boats launch with no problem. [/font]
[signature]
Thanks man, I really appreciate it!
[signature]
[font "Calibri"]No problem at all!!![/font]
[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"]I guess I really should have included a picture. A lot of folks don’t believe unless there’s photo documentation. [Wink][/font]
[signature]
That is a fat cutt, I am excited to see the development of the fish in there now that it has a slot in place. Could be a closer Strawberry.
[signature]
+1 on that[Smile]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Purty fish.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Purty lure.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hi,
You may want to rethink your plan of heading up there with your boat this weekend! Ask me how I know....... I went up there early this morning to take one last shot at open water from my boat. Everything looked good until I started down that last hill before the ramp. In that shaded area the road was covered in packed, slick snow. It was too late though, I was committed. I got down okay, but nearly got stuck on a heavily iced boat ramp. I finally made it off of the ramp, but only after digging up several gallons of small rocks to get under my wheels for traction. I made it as far as the main dirt road, but there was no way that I was going to make it up that hill back out. I nearly put my boat and truck off the edge trying, so I backed back down to the parking area by the ramp, unhooked my boat, and after several attempts I made that hill and drove into Morgan to buy some chains. Thankfully the Napa there had some! I got back to the boat and after an hour of fighting those new chains I finally got them mostly on. I hooked up the boat, and took my shot, but no luck. I decided to back down the main road past the ramp and get on some flat ground and make a run for it, but then one of my front hubs started to give me problems. I stopped to move the chains to my rear tires, and thankfully a rancher came by in one of those ATV type cars. It took everything that the two of us had to get those damned chains on correctly, but we finally did. A big thanks to that rancher..... he really saved my butt! I made my run at the hill and after nearly a four hour ordeal, I made it out! I was going to just go home, but I decided to fish from the dam.
I ended upwith 9 cutts, 1 bow, and 1 cutt-bow. The cutt-bow was the biggest at 18", five of the cutts were about 16", and the bow and rest of the cutts were about 13". All were released. I caught them on pointers and tube jigs. Crawdad pattern was the hot color tube for me.
I would definitely recommend that you don't go beyond that first hill towards the ramp. You might not get out for awhile! HTH, Fred K.
[signature]
This was the first time I fished Lost Creek in quite some time so I wasn't sure what to expect. The fish caught that week was much nicer than the fish caught the week prior at Strawberry. But I by no means am a strawberry expert.

I actually caught a lot of fish earlier that was much much nicer but this was the first fish caught on a tube dude wobble so he got an invite to my camera session. Poor little fish didn't have a chance when he saw that sexy jig swimming past his nose.

Hopefully the weather lets you play because it's nasty at my house right now.
[signature]
I talk to a fish cop up there for about an hour and he said the reason why they're managing Lost Creek the same as Strawberry (slot) is because they have similar chub issues.
[signature]
Sorry to hear about all your problems trying to get your boat out of there, I'm glad to hear you finally made it out. The DNR has been up there all year, I even saw him there while ice fishing there in Jan. They are doing a fine job checking anglers to find out if the size of the cutts are increasing and reminding everyone of the slot limit. This could turn out to be an awesome fishery, if the size continues to increase.
I'm surprised you did not head over to East canyon the catching is hot there.
[signature]