Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake 11/04/03 (report)
Launched at the marina at 7:00am on Tuesday. The ramp was a little slick but only about an inch of snow on the ramp itself. We jigged just off the rockpile most of the day in about 60 feet of water. We had quite a few hits and landed six cutts. We decide to try trolling before we left for the day. We trolled #13 jointed grey rapalas on downriggers set at 24 feet. we made one pass over the rockpile and landed a nice 8 pounder(see pic). We had a few other hits but no other fish. When we left at 4:30 the ramp was completely free of ice and snow. The water temp was 47 degrees except in the marina where it was 30. Plenty of january fishing in November. Cold temps and plenty of wind. The rockpile seems to be holding quite a few fish. We hunted for fish for awhile yesterday and the only place we found large concentrations was right directly over the pile. They seemed to move in as the day progressed. Not there in the morning but plenty in the late afternoon. They seemed to be a little tight lipped still but that should change in the next week or two I hope. All in all it was a good outing. We had the whole lake and the marina to ourselves all day long.
Great report Crestliner!! With the cold weather here to stay it seems, I wonder if the Bear will freeze this year? Not a bad catch for a Bronco fan [Tongue][Wink]
[signature]
[#0000ff][size 2]Cresty very nice fish![/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 2]Is it the 15th yet!!!!!!! [/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 2]I'm getting really excited now![/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 2]Lundman, Old_Coot & WH2 I hope yore seeing these pics, I wanna get me one or two of they bad boys![/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nice report Crestliner: I've got my fingers crossed that your RIGHT in a couple of weeks they come on strong. Glad to see you with that Bad Boy, seeing your pic makes me want to head on up too.
[signature]
Great report Crestliner, and that's a NICE fish!!! Too bad you didn't get into any macs while you were there.
[signature]
That is one nice fish, is it a cutt? Sounds like a good day on the water and it should start getting better soon. How was the road going over the top? WH2
[signature]
nice fish i am so jealous !!!!!!!
[signature]
Road going over was a little slow going from Right Hand Fork turnoff to Garden City. Coming home there was only one spot on the Bear Lake side that was a little snow packed from the wind. Rest of it was dry.
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]That fish is a mack. An 8 lb cutt would indeed be a good fish! Good to here you got the hits. That at least keeps things interesting! [/size][/font]
[signature]
Nice report. I am anxious to get out there soon myself. Did I hear someone say ICE on BL? not good
My monitor at home is about shot, all I could see was a big fish, when I got to work I saw that it was a mack. A couple of weeks ago someone sent a picture of a 9 lb cutt to the Doug Miller show, it was caught at Bear lake in the last couple of months. WH2
[signature]
This is a nine pound bear lake cutt. As you can see by comparing the pics, crestliners fish is definitley a mack. [center][Image: BASS8424CustomImage0054594.jpg][/center] [center] [/center]
[signature]
Sorry to all about not putting "MAC" next to the 8lber. This was the only mac we caught all day. Everything else we caught were cutts.
I just need to break down and get a new monitor, all I could see was the outline of the fish at home but it was clearly a Mack when I viewed it at work.
Hey everyone, is the Mack spawn about over? Doesn't the whitefish spawn start soon? WH2
[signature]
[url "http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=84068"]http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=84068[/url]

Here you go, the link should go right to the monitors cheapest I've seen in a while $90
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Where'd you catch that guppy? HA![/size][/font]
[signature]