Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MORE Scadden
With the rising popularity, look what NFO has for 2014. Twins, this one has your name written all over it[Wink]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rz07wC480w
[signature]
[#0000FF]But why???????

Can't think of many SERIOUS anglers who would even consider it.

A novelty...for thrill seekers. Not a safe fishing craft.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
You see at Deer Creek the impact these things are making. He has had this with fly gear down Class III white water. You can sit sideways and kick with fins, Stand up for sight fishing.
Not my cup a tea, but he is hearing a calling and answering with light weight, rockered standing machine.
I am going for the 8 lb Predator as soon as available.
That new Navigator is really something. The low profile like the Cardiac Canyon I had, and wide foot print for easy standing.
[signature]
[cool][#0000FF]Not saying there is not a market. Just saying that I would never be a customer...nor would a lot of other folks who are more into comfort fishing than thrill seeking. Definitely something you would want to be wearing your PFD whenever you went afloat.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Why, in 2012, does he say its new for "2014"? I love his stuff, but he is such a BSer![laugh] Most humans wouldn't make it down any class 3 rapids with that, even experienced paddlers. I've run the Grand Canyon, Salmon, Ladore, and some others. Class 3 is BIG stuff! The Green below the Gorge has no class 3 anywhere.

I'm sure he'll sell some of these though. He's a good marketer and salesman, and NFO is top quality. I'll be passing on the surf board/kayak/wind surfer/wake board thingy though.[cool]

Now that lightweight toon, . . . I don't really "need" it . . . yet.

Still LOVE my Assault. We're nearly inseparable.
[signature]
Looks like fun!

There is a guy that fishes on Blackfoot Res for carp with a regular standup paddle board.
[signature]
[quote Tarponjim]Why, in 2012, does he say its new for "2014"? I love his stuff, but he is such a BSer![laugh] Most humans wouldn't make it down any class 3 rapids with that, even experienced paddlers. I've run the Grand Canyon, Salmon, Ladore, and some others. Class 3 is BIG stuff! The Green below the Gorge has no class 3 anywhere.

I'm sure he'll sell some of these though. He's a good marketer and salesman, and NFO is top quality. I'll be passing on the surf board/kayak/wind surfer/wake board thingy though.[cool]

Now that lightweight toon, . . . I don't really "need" it . . . yet.

Still LOVE my Assault. We're nearly inseparable.[/quote]
I guess it's how experienced you are and how comfortable you are with running class 3 waters. And I don't think that he is the only one to test it and don't think it's just been on the Green.
There will be a certain market for these, just like everything else. Not that a SUP is my cup of tea, but neither is a Super Fat Cat. The latter being to restrictive.
Honestly, what's the difference between a SUP, and a kayak? Especially a SOT kayak.
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000FF]But why???????

Can't think of many SERIOUS anglers who would even consider it.

A novelty...for thrill seekers. Not a safe fishing craft.
[/#0000FF][/quote]

Why?? because other companies are already in that market and I think he is trying to play catch up. Unfortunate for him that the SUP idea is already out there and from what I have seen is not catching on here in the windy state of Idaho. I see a person here and there below the Twin Falls bridge that "rents" them but no one anywhere I go that owns one.

Watch the video at 6:40 and listen to the music. "He made some bad investments now the accounts are over drawn, I took a walk"
Like the music says people will "take a walk" away from this unfortunate idea for NFO.

I am no fan of Creek Co but they came out with these this last summer. I don't think they had much luck with them either. I will add their pictures.

The idea started out as a toy. I don't see it going anywhere. Ron
[signature]
the sit down idea is interesting but. I think a guy could do that with an old refrigerator door too. Doesn't make it a fishing machine. Ron
[signature]
I can't say where you fish Ron but do a quick google of SUP in Idaho...WOW! they are more popular than I thought.
And you are probably right on Dave is playing catch up. No resemblance in the CC Voyager and the Renegade so why not the SUP.

Not for everyone, but didn't they all start out as toys? Then manufacturers adding what they feel is an improvement. God Bless Americans
[signature]
[quote idahoron]the sit down idea is interesting but. I think a guy could do that with an old refrigerator door too. Doesn't make it a fishing machine. Ron[/quote]
That's one for the books. Good remark Ron.
Now how 'bout this. I know it's not a sturgeon, but......
http://youtu.be/HdA7jr8GfLs
[signature]
[cool][#0000FF]Not enough D rings...and no motor mount.

I'd feel safer and just as effective at fishing from one of these.

[inline water_walking_ball_25.jpg]
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][cool][#0000FF]Not enough D rings...and no motor mount.

I'd feel safer and just as effective at fishing from one of these.

[/#0000FF][/quote]

Now that is funny. Ron
[signature]
[quote mojorizing][quote idahoron]the sit down idea is interesting but. I think a guy could do that with an old refrigerator door too. Doesn't make it a fishing machine. Ron[/quote]
That's one for the books. Good remark Ron.
Now how 'bout this. I know it's not a sturgeon, but......
http://youtu.be/HdA7jr8GfLs[/quote]

Those look like solid boards in the video not inflatable. I watched several videos and it looks like NRS has one that can be inflated to 15 PSI. NFO will have a hard time playing catch up to this board. I would never use or care to use such a craft but the NRS appears to be light years ahead of the NFO. Here is the video. Ron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCy5MbYXLXQ
[signature]
Ron you need to watch the NFO video one more time. Dave works very closely with NRS. They share ideas and what you posted appears to be very similar to Daves so not sure what you are stressing there.
They could be one in the same, so not much catching up to achieve.
You don't like it, Pat doesn't like it. That is obvious. I posted this for those that might be interested.
The fact that non of us have tried these leaves us a little empty on the performance review. But, the lack of desire to try is certainly within everyones right.
They are nothing new but they are generating more interest.

Once again, this was just an intro to what is coming up in the watercraft market, not my dads bigger than you dad.
[signature]
I was going off the changeable parts on the bottom for versatility, D rings, and fishing rod holder mounts and Fish finder mounts.
Maybe I missed that. Does Dave's have the Scooty mounts, and changeable rudders, and D Rings?

I got to ask are you working for NFO? [Wink]

Ron
[signature]
I wonder if Dave's can be inflated to 15 pounds? Ron
[signature]
I just looked at the NRS boats and they are available now not 2014, but the price is 1300 dollars. WOW!! 1300 will give a guy a nice pontoon and a lot of other gear. Not much more and a guy can have a Skookum steelheader, or a Catchercraft or a Canyon whitewater.
I guess this is a good conversation piece but I don't see most fishermen plunking down 1300 bones for something like this. Maybe I am wrong.
Ron
[signature]
I wish I worked for NFO. And if they weren't so far away for the daily trip I would definitely try.
I am however, proud to be a good friend to Dave and Larry Tullis. The fact they makes such incredible boats is icing on the cake.

The fact all his boats have replaceable or add on D rings I am sure he does have those. In fact I have bought several. As for the Scotty, they do offer the Scotty anchor system so I am sure they can cover the rod holders. Rudders I would think also not a problem
[signature]
Did you see the NFO system for rod holders and fish finders. It is not an add on it is a part of the boat. They really are not even close to being the same. If they are, them Dave's video doesn't cover this very well. The NFO video gives a lot of info without the corny sales pitch. Ron
[signature]