Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HAPPY TUBE YEAR
[#0000FF]Hope everybody had a great Christmas and at least survived into the new year.

Here's to more fishing and better fishing in the year ahead.

[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I hope that is true for me. I have been working a record amount of hours. I hope this backs off before spring. Ron
[signature]
[cool][#0000FF]Considering the state of the economy...and the plight of many others...you should be grateful to have the hours to work.

But...all work and no play gives Jack a heart attack.

Doctor TubeDude prescribes more time on the water.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Companies are not hiring but they are trying to sell more. That puts more work on the back of the few. I do appreciate my job. I have been there for 29 years this march.
If you could write that prescription out and send it I need two. One for work and one for my wife. This spring is going to be ugly with honeydo's.
Ron
[signature]
[cool][#0000FF]Prescriptions do not supersede wifely commandments. But a bit of creativity can prolong the agony.

Never put off until tomorrow:
...what you can avoid until next week.
...what you can con somebody else into doing.

[/#0000FF][#0000FF][#0000FF][b]Sometimes[/#0000FF] about the only way you can rationalize having your fishing time reduced by wifely wequests is that in this land of the free, fishing is still an option...when allowed by our spouses. This is a good time of year to be properly grateful for the many positive aspects of our lives...compared to the lives of others, in other parts of the world...or even in our country during these times of hardship.

Not many times I am out on the waters when I do not remind myself how great it is to be there...and how lucky I am to be able to enjoy a sport like fishing.
[/b][/#0000FF]
[signature]
No truer word ever spoken.[Smile] Ron
[signature]
Last year I didn't get much fishing in, this year will be different. Already planning where to go when spring hits.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000FF]You were kinda quiet on the fishing front last year.

Make it happen.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Hope you had a great holiday season Pat. I want you to know how much I appreciate your willingness to share so much knowledge with amateurs like myself.

Here's to another year of trying to fish more like you. Smile
[signature]
[cool][#0000FF]Thanks. Happy to help when and where I can.

Each new year provides 365 new days to learn more and to improve ourselves...and our fishing skills. How great is that?
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
TD, thanks for a great year. Meeting new friends and learning new things. Although the T-n-T was not successful for all, I made many new friends and learned some new techniques. I look forward to 2013 with a happy heart and and many new jigs and flies tied this Winter, Still need to get together on my H-3 motor mount.
[signature]
[cool][#0000FF]I agree. Too bad the club was not more successful, but we did derive a few benefits from it while it lasted. It was good sharing the duties with you and working on your craft to help you get to the next level.

Not likely you will need the motor mount in the next week or so. Give me a shout when you are ready.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Happy New Year to all, I was laid off mid year and got called back after Christmas, so this Christmas really stunk, no Christmas presents for anyone this year but at least we still have our home. Next week will be my first full week back. So there won't be much fishing as every dollar needs to go to pay up bills that are way way behind. I doubt I'll even be able to buy a license this year but we shall see. God bless everyone and catch one for me!!!
[signature]
Happy New Year Pat!! Maybe I will run into you on the water one day this year!
[signature]
[cool][#0000FF]If you do run into me, keep your speed down. I'm kinda tender.

Stay in touch and maybe we can plan a meetup somewhere...or even have a BFT floatilla.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Need to go buy a new license etc... then it will happen
[sly]
[signature]
[quote BFVSFOREVER]Happy New Year to all, I was laid off mid year and got called back after Christmas, so this Christmas really stunk, no Christmas presents for anyone this year but at least we still have our home. Next week will be my first full week back. So there won't be much fishing as every dollar needs to go to pay up bills that are way way behind. I doubt I'll even be able to buy a license this year but we shall see. God bless everyone and catch one for me!!![/quote]

Well getting called back is a great Christmas Present. I imagine that things got tight but it looks like you got a lot to be thankful for I am happy for you. Ron
[signature]
Thanks for all your help over the years, TD and may 2013 bring you more Joy!
[signature]
2012 was a year full of fishing for me. It seemed like I made it to a fishing hole at least once a week. 2013 will be different. I will be going to school to be a helicopter pilot. Building hours can be difficult and may require relocating. That just means I get to explore new fishing in new places. I've never wet a line in any state besides AZ. If I move away I will be looking to BFT for tips in my new home state. Maybe I will even meet up with some other BFT members on the water. Happy new year to you all and good luck this year!
[signature]
[cool][#0000FF]Good luck with the training. Hope it goes quickly and smoothly and that you "land" somewhere you can enjoy great fishing.

I have tubed all over the USA so let me know where you will be plunking down and chances are I can provide some basic info.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]