Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport late report...
Sorry for the late report, computer crashed Wed. morning. New years day, arrived at about 7:15 on the ice at 7:30 drilling holes. First of all, low water level. Crandal campground high and dry. Had to go to the ramp to get access to the ice. Went So. west 100 yards or so, 18' of water, no fish on the finder. moved deeper and a little further south, 26' still no fish. moved due south anther 100 yards or so, 36' saw fish on the bottom, thought they might be perch so we set up and started to fish. 3 of us, 2 with 2 pole permits, 2 poles on the bottom for 1 hour not a bite. moved them up in the column 10 - 15' down started slamming trout every 10-15 minutes a school would move through and have all 5 poles getting bites. Can you say FUN! Ended up with 12 to take home, released at least 15-20 (some willingly, some not.) 8 were 17" and 16" the last 4 were 14"-12" and fat. fried 1/3 that night, the next 1/3 tomorrow and the rest will be next week. Left the ice about 1:00 had a great time with my son-in-laws, sons in law, oh hell the 2 guys that married my daughters. LOL
Pics to come soon I hope. Ice was 4- 5" in all holes we drilled. the further north you go, I think the ice will be thinner, proceed with caution. 1/2" of snow on the ice made for easy walking and pulling huts and gear.
[signature]
No need to be sorry, at least you posted your report and a good one at that[Smile]. Sounds like you guys had a fun day, now you have me wondering if those were perch on the bottom, I'd bet they were[Wink]. What were you using for them?
WH2
[signature]
ice jigs tipped with meal worms.
[signature]