Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
williard woes
Hit the bay about noonish went outside the norht marina,, ya i know nobody does that,, cant figgure why? Ice is 6plus out in the channel,clear and hard. punched a few holes had a couple of bumps I guess I started something ,,had a couple of guys that were in the marina come out by me,,and one lone guy came over and told me that he has never seen anybody fish out here and grabed his sled and punched a couple of holes ya!! 5 guys OUTSIDE THE MARINA!! has to be some kinda record,,we had lots of bumps no takers goin out tomorow even further!! water depth was 13 outside the marina, maybe nightfishing would be the key? no way nothing bites at nite...[Wink]
[signature]
Hmmmmm - tempting . . . . did you have a finder or flasher? What did THEY have to say?

Hmmm - tomorrow could go in all kinds of directions.

So you gotta ding the $10 to get in still? More folks around the harbor? Sounds like good ice. Snow on top?
I tried it Friday in the marina by the boat docks. It was only five feet deep there. Graphed lots of shad on the bottom but no bites.
[signature]
Thanks for the intel. I gotta bring my camera, or learn how to differentiate shad on the finder. Swear I've seen schools of spots - like at the buoy of the S. inlet - thinking they were suspended Crappie, but in hindsight... 20/20!
I had a pass,the guy next to me had a flasher everytime he dropped down his bait would get swarmed.. couple of inches of light powder on top of clear ice
[signature]
I just saw them last fall around the boat docks by the millions, so I know that's what they are. Really no size to them on the flasher.
[signature]
But the question is, did you catch any fish out the in the frozen waste land?[Smile]
WH2
[signature]