Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
last call goldeneyes
Got an invite to hunt the salt saturday, will probably be my last hunt of the season. Decided on an afternoon hunt on account of sub zero temps, let the other idiots break the ice out of the marina!

got setup around 2 and waited. Not much moving though there were a lot of birds in the area, just not many big rafts. The first guys in the boats knocked out a few singles and doubles while I sat around and drank hot chocolate.

They eventually got bored so I jumped in. Still not many moving but we had a few goldies come in at mach 5 trying to land in the dekes, makes me remember why I love those birds so much!

We had one double come in, landing gear down. I sat up to shoot and put a load of BB on him which made him drop, skip, and start flying again! BOOM BOOM! he didn't make it much further but it just tells you how tough these birds are! Didn't shoot anything but goldeneyes this time, weird because i know guys that shot all bluebill limits not a mile from where we were setup!

I ended up with four this time which rounds me out at 50 birds for the season, not too bad! I'm a little worn out with waterfowling having hunted all but two or three weekends thus far, but I'm already looking forward to next season, got a canada trip planned for my graduation present! Wahoo! bring on October!
[inline downsized_0105131719.jpg]

[inline downsized_0105131719a.jpg]

[inline downsized_0105131719b.jpg]
[signature]
not a bad day at all!!!
[signature]