Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who's ready for spring
Not sure what i missed. apparently some TA TA'S.

I cant Springers off my mind. i am having serious salmon withdrawals lately. hopeful we get a descent return. from what i heard fish and game has said they are not expecting a good run this year. ive pretty much started to plan for the opposite of what they predict.
[signature]
Wow. I just now clicked on this thread. I had seen all the posts and know the weather has been brutal but it sure looks like I missed all the good stuff. Darn.
Yep, way ready for spring. Already seeing the difference in daylite. Pitchers and catchers in 30 days or so.
Only.....3-4 months before open water around here. Sheesh.
[signature]
hey spring will get here soon enough but for now we still have 2 months of good ice fishen derby's are just gittin started
[signature]
I cant wait for spring as well.. I for a long time have been a lurker on many sites and have made a goal to get out and share my reports. Did not get out a lot last year due to school and being so close to such great fishing waters it nearly drove me nuts. For me spring cannot come fast enough.. but while we all wait for the ice to melt Ill be working on a new a couple new custom rods. one for my father in law and one for myself. The rod I just ordered is a TFO TiCrX 9' 6wt. and im sure itll be done before still waters are ready to fish in eastern idaho. guess ill have to continue watching fly tying and fishing videos on youtube till then.
[signature]
Ilovesmallies don't stop posting your reports, I like them and I would be less of a fishermen with out a few tips you have given me. If you decide to vacate bft we should exchange emails so I can keep getting you're kick (edit) reports.

Also I didn't see said Pic please pm it to me so I can pass judgment on you also[angelic]
[signature]
[quote flyfish_88]I cant wait for spring as well.. I for a long time have been a lurker on many sites and have made a goal to get out and share my reports. Did not get out a lot last year due to school and being so close to such great fishing waters it nearly drove me nuts. For me spring cannot come fast enough.. but while we all wait for the ice to melt Ill be working on a new a couple new custom rods. one for my father in law and one for myself. The rod I just ordered is a TFO TiCrX 9' 6wt. and im sure itll be done before still waters are ready to fish in eastern idaho. guess ill have to continue watching fly tying and fishing videos on youtube till then.[/quote]

That is a fast rod! That could be nice for BIG flies and wind. Building rods is fun, but that hardware can get pricy. Love to see pictures.
The I.F. Fly Tying Expo will be the middle of April. I got signed up for both days, stop by and say hi.
[signature]
Not me, hell I'm just getting started with the ice fishing.[fishin]
[signature]
That is typically what I'm throwing.. Big flies.. mostly cuz I'm usually fishing still water. The ticrx has a lot of back bone for lifting them bows outta the deep water. Anyways I am looking forward to the fly tying expo. I'll have stop and day hi.
[signature]