Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Bear Lake story
Just thought I’d pass on an interesting story. My brother was at the Bear the other day and having a pretty good day from the shore. He got up early and went over after a long night. After catching, I think he said 4 or 5, he locked into the Bear lake monster, and the monster won. It pulled the pole right out of his sleepy hands. He had just bought a Fenwick pole and put a $150 casting reel on it. I felt bad for him but I have been over there 2 times and not even gotten a bite, but I still have my pole. So it was Sad to hear that he lost a pricy set up, but it was good he had at least a fairly good day before he did.
[signature]
[#0000ff][size 2]Well just think some one will end up with a nice pole & reel if they hook it up soon. [/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 2]Sorry to hear that & how he lost it, but it is funny. [/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 2]The only pole I ever lost was when I was trying to cast out real far and threw the whole thing into the lake. I wasn't worth going in after but it was funny also[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Sorry to hear the that he lost his gear. I have a theory. If your new gear survives the first two trips with out getting broke or lost you will have it at least two more years damage free.
[signature]
Last winter while jigging Bear Lake I set my pole down to release a fish and when I reached for my rod it was no where to be seen. I must have set it right down in the water and it sunk without so much as a gurgle or splash. Just as quite as you be.
If anybody is interested, this story has an interesting twist. A couple days later my other brother was telling the story to his friend, and he said that he had friend that had caught a pole over there and when he brought it in it still had the fish on it. So my brother described it to him and he checked with his friend and it was my brothers pole. It was a 14# mac, but the other friend has not offered to return the pole yet.
[signature]
you forgot the part about how he put the new found pole under his pillow that night and the mac fairy came in the middle of the night and took the pole and left another 14# mac under the pillow[crazy]
[signature]