Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SCOFIELD MONSTER *UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!
DNR CONGRADULATED HIM! 32 3/4 LONG, 20 3/4 GIRTH, 18.3 LBS. ITS ALL DONE LIKE A GOOD MOVEMENT, ALL DONE BUT THE PAPER WORK!
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
................ . . . . . . . .WOW!
[signature]
Amazing fish... too bad she is not more colorful but still, amazing fish.

I think that lake could produce the next world record... this fish is only a few lbs off.
[signature]
That's a straight up HOG!!!! Congrats!!!!
[signature]
Beautiful fish! Is that a tiger trout?
[signature]
YES, NEW TIGER TROUT STATE RECORD!
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
Yet another trophy coming out of Scofield.

There are some monsters in there (you beat mine pictured in my avatar by 2". )

Awesome, awesome fish
[signature]
Congrats! Oink Oink...
[signature]
Nice fish! Who caught it and can we use the pictures for a post on the Utah State Parks Facebook page?

Thanks,
[signature]
Makes you wonder just how many humongous tigers there are in that lake. Would be a shame to see them poison it I think... If it keeps up the next world record could come from there, how many lakes can you say that about in Utah?[Wink]
[signature]
The previous state record, as I recall, was from last February, same lake.

Scofield is a lot of dinks and a few real monsters.

That makes it unique and I really like it.
[signature]
When was this monster caught? Does anyone one know what he was using and are you willing to share?

Dang nice fish, how fun would that be to catch on the ice!
[signature]
[shocked] WOW thats a monster for sure Congratulations
[signature]
I heard he was using skittles in 3 ft of water!!!
Dang that's a nice fish!!!!!
[signature]
NOPE SWEET TARTS[Wink]
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
Awesome Fish!
[signature]
CHRIS NILSON, LIVES IN PAYSON, YES YOU CAN USE THE PICS FOR THE STATE PARKS WEB SITE,[fishin]
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
Amazing fish. 2013 was a banner year for the Tiger Trout in Schofield. Within a span of 3 weeks I was able to catch 3 different tigers over 30". 

Below are a few pictures of them. 

The very first one I kept was right at 32" (Picture with the sunglasses on my hat and also with my hood on). He is mounted on the wall to this day.
The second one was right at 30" (Cannot find any pictures that I still have of this one, it was released for another fisherman to catch)
The third one was my biggest stretching the tape measure to 34 1/4" (Camo beanie picture, this was also released) at the time I was unaware of the catch and release state record for both fish that I released that would have beat the current record of 29". 

Last picture is of my dad catching a big nice female. It was upper 20's in inches, I do not remember exactly. 

Unfortunately I do not think the lake will ever produce tigers this size again. This was the perfect storm of chubs infesting the lake but at the time they were very small and the tigers could eat them and grow into monsters. A few years later the chubs seemed to outgrow the tiger trout and ruined the lake. 

[Image: Screenshot-20201113-075453-Instagram.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20201113-075439-Instagram.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20201113-075422-Instagram.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20201113-075406-Instagram.jpg]
Congratulations on some beautiful pictures of some fine fish.  I can only imagine how hard a tiger trout of that size fights.
Nice pics, thanks for sharing them with us, we would love to see a pic of that mounted tiger. Welcome to the site.