Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with wading boots
Hello everybody, found your forum today and was wondering if ya'll could help a new tuber with purchasing the right wading boots.

I will be fishing the Chattahoochee River from Buford Dam down, water temps will most definitely not be warm enough to get by without waders, so I purchased the Simms Drift Stocking-Foot the other day. I was wondering if ya'll had a good boot in mind. Could I get away with a diver boot and fins, or should I purchase a pair of wading boots so I can walk along the banks near the dam and wade in more shallow areas? Again I am new to floating so every little bit helps.

Thanks!

B
[signature]
What I did was buy the low top neoprene diver booties. I bought two sizes bigger than I normally wear. Then I sliced the top all the way down to the rubber toe part, punched holes with a reamer on my swiss army knife, and threaded a shoelace through the holes just like a normal shoe.

You can also use normal wading boots if you want something more durable, and something that will work for normal wading if you decide not to float. Just make sure you get the right fins for the type of boot you are wearing..The downside to normal boots are they are heavier, and more cumbersome for kicking around with fins.

Just make sure you get the right size boot or booties. For the neoprene booties 2-3 times your normal shoe size will work. And cutting the top open and threading laces will give you more room..
[signature]
Thanks harlin,

I was looking at the Simms Blackfoot rubber sole..

I also have the Lost Lake fins from Bass Pro.

Pros and Cons to either? I think I'll be doing more than just floating so I'm leaning more towards the boots. Again, any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

B
[signature]
[#0000FF][cool]Welcome aboard. Sounds like you need something with multi-tasking capabilities. Always go for whatever will handle the toughest task. In your case, I would suggest a good wading boot...with fins that can fit over them...like the adjustables with straps and/or laces. If you try wading on slippery rough rocks with divers booties you risk injury or a swim...or both.

I fish mostly stillwater and I use exclusively divers booties over the waders and big soft-pocket fins that will hold it all.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]