Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport Spots
Hello everyone,

We went to Rockport a few weeks ago and got skunked. We fished just out from the boat ramp. I would like to take my 10 year old son back out and catch a few. Are there any suggestions on where I should try? Maybe up closer to the river inlet or down by the dam?
[signature]
PM sent[cool]
[signature]
If you go to RockPort, let us know how the edges are. Thanks....
[signature]
i was there tuesday and it was good in the morning and soft coming off about 5 feet of slushy stuff and about 1foot of open water, didnt get wet though.
[signature]
I have been to the Rock every week since the ice came on we were out Thursday again it was cold and the ice was 18 thick the edges stayed frozen all day, and w caught about 20 fish all near the 3rd pullout on the west side which is were I always fish. We ended up bringing home 5 all over 17". Hope this helps
[signature]
PM Sent... I was there yesterday from 6-1230 Ice was solid on the edges in the morning when we headed out. On the main lake ice was still 18+ easily, my scoop wouldn't reach the bottom of the ice and it was still solid when we came off. We fished SW of the boat ramp in 43 FOW It was a slow day and the bite was very lite. We caught 9 perch all 8-10" no trout this trip. We used ice flies and swedish pimples tipped with waxies to start, as soon as we caught some perch we switched over to perch eyes and had more success... Good luck
[signature]
Thanks for the great feed back. We go there this morning at around 8am left at 11am. Solid when we got there, about a foot of edge water when we left, but we just hopped over it. We were in about 28 fow. Put in and started getting perch bites off the bottom. We caught a few, then they stopped. Started fishing for trout at around 10 fow. Kept having bites, but could not hook them. I'm just glad my son was able to catch fish.
[signature]
Awesome getting the kids out on the ice, it's a blast watching them bring a fish up.