Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tree Stands
What have been your experiences with tree stands? I am looking at getting a ladder tree stand but wanted to run it by everyone on here first. Any pro's/cons you are willing to share would be greatly appreciated.
[signature]
All depends on how far you have to pack it in, and how high up the tree you want to be. Me personally, I wouldnt put a ladder stand on public land. I've had tree stands with 3/8" chain and a master lock cut out of trees before, and that's ones that I've packed 2+ miles in from the road and I take all my tree pegs out and hide them every time I leave. I buy the cheap stands from cal ranch and sportsmans guide so it doesn't sting so bad when some jackass steals it. I really like the solid tree pegs, I think the foldable ones are lots harder to screw in.
[signature]
Thanks for the input tmas [Smile] Guess I should have mentioned that it will be on private land. I want something I can leave up from spring to late fall.
[signature]
I really liked what tmas had to say. But for private property I would still stick to a tree type stand rather than a ladder. But it all depends on the trees you are in. Most trees around Utah you have so many branches you would have cut for the ladder to fit good that it takes away all your cover. Being on private property you can set it up will before the hunt and let the animals get used to it. I have Hunted in both and both have been great. The ladder stands have all been on private ground out of the state. The nice thing about tree stand and not ladder is I have been in a stand and hunters will walk right under me and I didn't say anything and they continued on did not even notice. Picture is just one of the set up's I have done before.
[signature]