Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Whitefish?
I was recently reading a fishing report for Bear Lake that mentioned that the whitefish will be moving in shallow to spawn soon. However, the report didn't specify when that usually starts to happen or where one should go to find the fish. I've never fished Bear Lake, but this whitefish spawn sounds tempting. I've heard that it can provide some fast action. Do any of you Bear Lake experts hve any experience going after these fish? If so, when is a good time to go after them, what tackle should a guy use, and what area of the lake provides the best action? I'm thinking of headng up over the Thanksgiving break.

-Jack
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Shrimpboy,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Last year, the day after Thanksgiving, BLM introduced me to the art of fishing for the Bear Lake White Fish. That week and the following week were both excelent for catching those little whites during their spawn. I don't know if this year they will spawn sooner or later but right around Thanksgiving should be quite good.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]What he showed me, that seemed to work quite well, was to just toss a small 1 - 1.5 inch white curly tail grub into the rocks and drag it paralale along the beach. We were right there just a little ways outside the channel out from the west marina. We fished that area in the dark morning and evening hours. I don't know if they hang around spawning during the day or not.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Go for it. You'll have fun.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Oh ... and they're pretty good eating too.[/size][/font]
[signature]