Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Ride for my son
So my 12 year old son said he wanted to start fly fishing on Saturday. On Sunday I went into Snake River Outdoor Sports here in Pocatello and they had a 8ft Creek Company Sport XR1 pontoon Boat that somebody had bought and brought back. I guess it had a leak in one of the pontoons. They sent it back to the factory and they put a new pontoon in it. It came with a extra seat and the pump and they had it marked as $199. I decided to jump on it and bought it thinking it would be a heck of a lot better then a float tube for my son. I got home and in one of the storage compartments was another new bladder. I figured for that price I could not go wrong :-)

My son is excited.
[signature]
I saw that one when I was in there the other day. I'm sure your son will be happy, it is a good price. Just don't take that thing down any big white water the frame is pretty light.

Windriver
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I really do not do any river fishing on a pontoon. Usually spend most of my time on chesterfield or Springfield. I figured Springfield would be a good place to get him started. I couldn't pass on the price. I told the wife it had to be better then the wilderness model they are selling at costco [Smile]
[signature]