Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first skunk in a long time
went to caldwell today with my dad to go to a motorcycle show, and on the way back we decided to drop a line, stopped at i think it was called lovland bridge? just past mtn home twords cj strike, didnt even get a bite looks like it might be a cat fishing spot? so we moved on alongg frontage road and stopped at the next bridge that crosses the river heading east, no luck there. then we went to a spot about 15 miles west of bliss on the snake something jones park, reading the check in book looks like a sturgeon spot, had a bite from a trout scene lots of trout jumping but no successful hookups, was a good day, but i would like to learn the area more so i may have better luck next time, can any one tell me about the area I was in? what type of fishing there is and what is good there?
[signature]
Loveridge ( spelling) bridge south of Mt home is a boat launch Some people catch a fish or two there but not many. I am sure a cat or two might be found in the area but as you know I fish for cats a lot and I don't mess with it.

The next bridge is just before Hammet. Again that is a spot that I would not consider as a quality fishing area. Floating from there to the loveridge bridge would put you into some good fishing in areas that don't get touched very often. If a guy was going to catch a cat that is where I would try.

I am not sure where you mean on the last one but I am thinking it is bliss dam? They plant trout there and Bass fishing is good if you head up stream and hit some coves.

I did that same route except I started out at CJ strike then moved to an area about 2 miles up river from loveridge bridge. Then I went to bliss dam. I did that on the first week of June several years ago. I was skunked too. I don't plan to make that mistake again.

Ron
[signature]
i cant remember the name of the spot it was something jones, and the fishing report that was there said every one was targeting sturgeon i didn't see a dam any where, there was a bridge across the river the road went under the tracks then across the river and left to a ramp, there is a pump right there also.. it was about 15 min away from the king hill road.
[signature]
That had to be where clover creek dumps in I bet. Ron
[signature]
Sounds like the concrete bridge right in King Hill. That is the ramp for jetboats and its a wild ride to the Bliss Dam. Did the road climb the hill to the south and come out at exit 125 (Paradise)? The mouth of Clover Creek is another 2 (?) miles east (upstream), there is a small railroad tresell and the smallmouth hang around. The creek is general season, but the river is year round. I have caught 7 ft sturgeon in the back swirl there more than once. The whole river to CJ is full of largemouth, but you gotta work for them. Ron is correct about the catfish, they hang out below the Loveridge bridge, but you need a boat. There were folks fishing for catifish at the boat ramp on the Snake near Crane Falls Lake last weekend. With this low water and warm temps, the bass should be pretty frisky at the Bliss Dam. The locals plant their potatoes at Easter and then go bass fishing at Tuana Glutch. PM when your gonna be in the area.
[signature]
probably wont be for awhile tell I get down there again, but i do plan on getting there again..
[signature]