Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally a Walleye for the wall
I hate to break it to you but it wasn't Willard. Good ole Utah lake walleye.
[signature]
[font "Calibri"]Don’t let PACKFAN fool ya. You just made him Smile!!!!![Wink][/font]
[signature]
Haha I figured there was a tad bit of sarcasm in last part of his post.
[signature]
[font "Calibri"]Oh and by the way kick a$$ fish bro!!!![/font]
[signature]
Awesome fish!
I am jealous.
[signature]
Who mounts a fish? LOL! Nice fish man landed a few in that size class never bothered measuring them, Im a weirdo and put em all back. Sure is fun though!
[signature]
I knew it wasn't a Willard eye, too light colored. I actually stopped by Dan's tonight on my way home from work. I drive by his shop everyday on my way to and from work, saw your eye, nice fish. He'll do a good job for you. He has mounted several fish for me.
[signature]
Thank you! Dan seems like a stand up guy and I actually went to him after seeing a post from you a few years back. I'm excited to see the outcome!
[signature]
+1000 A fiberglass replica is just what it is, a meaningless, synthetic piece of plastic.......or fiberglass actually lol. I wouldn't pay 2 dollars for a fiberglass mount, and would never really care to have one at all. They look fake, are fake, and like TD says you don't get any real structure inside the mouth and especially the head contours and gill plates. When you get a big fish like that, kill it and take it to Dan Johnson for sure. Dan is excellent! I've had 3 mounts done by him and I'm pretty picky and he matches my expectations. Oh and you should ask him to save you the fillets.........he can take them out and save them so you can eat your 12lb eye and have a mount simultaneously. I know he can do it since he did it for me. That is one hell of an eye. I've yet to get a 12lb. My turn!
[signature]