Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EricM, Chickamauga, Blue cats, 4-01-13, Oldest friend Stuart new PB 63 lb
I told Stuart to come down from Sevierville today and I'd get him a big fish. It worked last year and he got a 55 lber. Well, he wore the same shirt and hat as a year ago, and it turns out they ARE lucky! We got into a bunch of blue cats of all sizes from 3 lbs to 63 lbs. This 63 lb is Stuart's new personal best and it beat him to death. It came up very quickly and I told Stuart that it didn't know it was hooked yet. Sure enough, one look at that boat full of ugly and it went directly to the bottom and stayed there. It took another 20 minutes to get it back up and in a net. Wore that old man to a frazzle and he had to sit down and catch his breath before we could take pictures. He couldn't hold up the fish, so I sat him down and put the fish in his lap. First thing that happens is the fish head slaps Stuart and I almost got it on film. It was extra funny because a bit earlier I had caught a 45 pound blue that tail-slapped me in the back of the head. (Note to self: hold the fish lower).<br /><br />With all of that head slapping going on, makes me wonder if the fish have been watching an NCIS marathon.....................<br /><br />A beautiful morning and a great time with my old friend. Lots of willing catfish made the day even better. I think I'll invite him more often.<br /><br />