Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My wife sent me to the cat house.
What a weekend.
After so many weekend of crappy weather and honey do's that are now honey done's, My wife insisted I go fishing.
I started off the weekend with a trip to Strike for sturgeon. I went with a local sturgeon expert, and I mean expert. He was hired to catch sturgeon for a F&G study and he caught most of them. Anyway he wanted to fill me in on the sturgeon in Strike. And he did. We went to several holes and we saw them on the fish finder. I even saw fish jump several times while I was there. I hooked one sturgeon but he broke me off. I was wishing I had my boat instead of his jet. Oh well next time.

Next I headed for the cat house for a little cat wrangling. On this trip I needed a few cats for a fish fry so I kept one big female which I hated to do that was a bleeder and seven males. Today’s fishing was on FIRE!! If you’re waiting for the warm weather, don’t.

I started out the day heading down stream. I got into an area that was so shallow I had to walk my boat through the riffles to get to my first honey hole. My first hook up was a little keeper that was feisty. He was also the smallest fish of the day

[Image: 4-27-13Afirstcatof2013_zps95bf5bdc.jpg]

Most of the fish I caught today were between 24” and 29“ I did have a few that were less and they became filets.

[Image: 4-27-13B_zps42f9dc88.jpg]

[Image: 4-27-13C_zps136f67e2.jpg]

[Image: 4-27-13D_zps5a6e7e70.jpg]

[Image: 4-27-13G_zpsdd995c18.jpg]

[Image: 4-27-13I_zpsba7bea4d.jpg]

In this picture I was in the middle of taking a picture and I had one hit my other rod.

[Image: 4-27-13E_zps4f33a384.jpg]

About 3:00pm it got a little slow. I caught my best fish of the day in the same spot I did last year.
[Image: 4-27-13J_zpscf7ec519.jpg]

The river is down several feet from last year and it is revealing some of her secrets. In this next bunch of pictures I show a few habitat pictures.

[Image: HABITAT2_zps0f638b82.jpg]

[Image: HABITAT1_zpse49bc058.jpg]

In all, I caught 32 cats in 9 hours of fishing not a record but a good day anyway. I had several double hook up’s at the same time. I even have one FUBAR on video and I ended up landed them both. Now that I got the first cat trip of the year out of my system I am ready to hunker down on some Sturgeon. With some luck I hope I will get a chance to go after them maybe next week. Ron
[signature]
[#0000FF][cool]Very nice. A cattastic start to the season.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Nice cats!
[signature]
I want to go back so bad I can't stand it. Ron
[signature]