Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lowdown On Putting A Trolling Motor on My Tube
Hey, so I've been tubing for about a year and see it being a major part of my fishing excursions from here on out. I have discovered that when I am on larger bodies of water, I am at a higher advantage then the shore angler, but still have mobility issues. For those who are Utah natives, I have recently taken my tube to Minersville and East Canyon reservoirs, and feel like I could have caught more fish if I was able to move around quicker. I know that based on what others on this board have told me, this would be a great place to ask for some advice and direction. I should probably let you know what I have and what my limitations are

1. I am in no way shape or form a handyman, and am terrible with putting things together

2. I have a U-boat 2000 tube made by creek company. I love it, but don't know if the possibility of "accessorizing" is better or worse then other tubes

3. I want to spend around $200-$400 on all the accessories (motor included)

4. I will have to transport it in my Toyota Corolla. I'm a young father, recently graduated and am too poor to afford a truck

I have done a little bit of research. I saw that BW sports has a mount, and have a basic understanding of the price range of trolling motors. This is a completely new area for me and need all the advice I can get. Odds are there will be many questions from me in the coming future.
[signature]
Not sure how you plan on putting a motor on a U tube, let alone the battery. That BW will be the only option I can see. I had one years ago but I had a donut tube which made it a chore as you do have to be in water to strap it on your tube as you can not kick the motor out or up. You will be in at least a foot of water. With a U boat it will be easier to mount.

I did it for years. You will have to license your tube though.

Good luck with this and ask away if you have more questions.
Oh, and with your motor, undo the bolt that holds the head on and turn the prop 180 so it is facing the same way as the head. It will be pulling you. They don't go forward well at all.
[signature]
Hey I got just what you need[Wink] make me an offer if you want it.
[Image: 20130505_212743.jpg]
[Image: 20130505_212758.jpg]
All you need to do is strap it to the d rings on your tube and good to go, like Fly said its a little more inconvenient but doable.
[signature]
I was going to mention the same thing. If he couldn't find one I had an idea how to rig one up using a small inner tube and battery box.[cool]
[signature]
The BW is the same as the Power Float. I was using a PF back in the 80's. I was the only one out there in a motorized tube for a long time...LOL Was the one I gave you salvageable?
[signature]
Yes it was. I bought a new tube for it at Burt brothers and sugar house awning put a new zipper in it. Works great.[cool]
[signature]