Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CATFISH CONTEST 2013 Boatloadakids
Caught at Lincoln Beach May 10. Biggest is 30 1/2 with a good tail pinch -- a legit 30 incher. The second is a 25 incher.

Finallly on the board.

BLK

[#005000]Looks like a boy and a girl. That one's real grey![/#005000]
[#005000]Oh, hate to say it - but you trimmed the tail. I can only see 28 in the shot. Can only grade on what I can see, sorry. Not bad for a southern cat![/#005000]
[#005000]You still sticking your thumbs in their mouths?[/#005000]
[#005000][/#005000]
[#005000]25pts[/#005000]
[#005000]28pts[/#005000]
Bummer.... I still say he was a 30 incher but I agree there is only 28 inches showing so 28 points it is. Gotta work on that photo stuff. Part of the problem is the fish... they refuse to strike the proper pose long enough to get a good shot. Oh well, moot point anyway -- I expect to bump both entries by the end of Sept. [Wink]

Catchin' is heatin' up with the warmer temps. And, yep... I have learned to keep my pinkies away from the teeth in those big old bull cats. Still packin' scars from last years experience.[sly]

The South will prevail!!
[signature]
Utah Lake, 6-15-13, 26 and 27 inch. Finally a little movement.[Smile]

[#005000]Those are some hunky ones. The girth on that 26er is impressive. Did you get weights?[/#005000]
[#005000]The 27 has a few battle scars! Always interesting to note how different the colors are. UL seems to have much darker, browner ones, while Cutler carries some Tan pups. Even our Yellow Bellies look like they'd glow in tha dark![/#005000]
[#005000][/#005000]
[#005000]Can I suggest you try your shots angled from the nose to the tail. Kinda easier to see the nose in line, then the tail lays flat.[/#005000]
[#005000][/#005000]
[#005000]Good fish. Show us the 30![/#005000]
[#005000][/#005000]
[#005000]26 pts[/#005000]
[#005000]27 pts[/#005000]
Nice fish. We're gettin' there. That 27 incher probably could've made 28, his nose is sticking off the end of the tape measure a bit.
[signature]
Thanks FMF, I might have gotten 28 out of that one with a good tail pinch and a slight up scale slide. Doesn't really matter 'cause I plan to replace all three entrees with 30+ inchers [Wink]

You're right, we are getting there. I still say the south will win by at least 6 points/inches... tough competition though with those northerns.[:/]

Good luck to ya.

BLK
[signature]
Caught at Lincoln Beach 7-8-13, 29 inches , 9 lbs. Fun. [sly]

[#005000]

That's a fat cat. I trust you your shadowy end - so we'll go. That 30" mark is proving a toughy this year. On the right track friend! Keep working it, and watch them thumbs!

29 pnts
[/#005000]

Appreciate ya Yote and all the time you put into this contest. It's a fun activity and it is good to banter back and forth with some of the other diehard caters. I feel like I could spend a day on the water with any of them and enjoy it.

You're right about that 30 inch mark -- always close but not quite there. He's there and it is just a matter of time before we have a little confrontation. The Utah Lake cats seem to be abundant and healthy this year. The 24ish inchers we catch are a lime green color with big white pot bellies. The only ugly ones are the big ol' males... and they are purty in their own way.

Check back soon 'cause that 30+er is not far away. Looks like you are flirtin' with that big 3 0 too. Good luck to ya.... to a point....

BLK
[signature]
Finally got one over 30 and forgot to include my logo in the pic. At 72 yrs. of age I plead senility. He was 31 inches long with a tail pinch. Hope he can be accepted but if not okay.

I KNOW THE RULES and I accept the judges decision. If he doesn't make it in the contest he is still a good braggin' fish.

Bigger ones are yet to come! [Smile]

BLK [#005000]

I think we've seen the bottom of your boat enough to be confident in your entry being yours. Now if only I could read the numbers on the ruler, we'd be in business!

I'm gonna give it to ya, worked over the fish pix, and the poster pix, and compared your ruler's positions, and I feel you've got a good entry there. You've certainly put in the time and effort, and I felt bad for your FIRST +30 entry. (yeah, even if you are on THAT team!!! [:p])

IF someone has an issue with it, send me a PM and I'll seek more opinions.

31 pts granted. Welcome to the club. Hope to join you there before all's said and done! But that ain't gonna happen if I don't get on the water!!
[/#005000]
And there it is! Congrats on officially being in the 30" club, you've done it twice now - but getting the fish to cooperate for a pic can be tricky. Hopefully it'll count.

FishMcfisherson and I plan to hit up Lindon/Bubble up with the tubes this Saturday, hopefully we get into some good ones.
[signature]
Thanks to Coyote for his mercy on my last entry. I will not submit another entry without a clear measurement reading and a good copy of my logo!

If anyone has an issue with my goof I will withdraw the entry in a heart beat.

Actually... It is a moot point anyway because the cat will be bumped by a bigger one soon. [Wink]

Again, thanks!

BLK
[signature]
Lincoln Beach, 2 a.m., 9-24, 33 inches. First time out at night. Caught this one and a couple of 26 inchers. Hard to get a good pic without a third hand to help tail pinch. Gonna claim 33 but I'll take whatever the Judge allows.

Hope to get out for another night shift if weather allows??

BLK

9-25-- Found a little better pic that shows closer to 33"
BLK

[#385000]
Ok by me. I see it. That's a load of catfish right there! Good shot mister!

33 friggin points for the SOUTH! [:/]
[/#385000]
Nicely done! I'm headed down to the bubble up right now, hopefully I can pick up a 33 incher of my own. [Smile]
[signature]
Im not the judge but id say that's 32"
[signature]
Sethook-- I say easy 32", coulda got 33" with someone to tail pinch, maybe 32.5?? Whatever, I'll take whatever the Judge will give me. Still a good braggin' fish and a blast to catch. You've put a few dandies up yourself so I/m sure you know how fun they are.

Best to ya,

BLK
[signature]
A dandy indeed! I would have made that toad go 33 it's all about the angles lol . Looking like you might be in it to Winn it!
[signature]