Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiper and Willard report
I went camping in south marina thursday and friday. Got their thursday about 7 pm, set up the tent and went at it. The first hit didnt take long, and put up a decent fight. I caught a 5 pound, 22 1/2 inch wiper! A personal record! It then got to dark and after endless snags we switched to worms, after having no success with that, after a few hours we headed back to camp. We woke up that next morning and headed down for the croppie`s and small mouth`s. After loungin around all day we ended going back up to the main dike and walked farther south to try are luck, boy did we all lose alot of gear! Their was possibility of a couple bites, and one fish my dad lost, but besides that, no luck. We ended just stayin in the south marina that night and morning to finish the croppie craze!

Off subject of fishing, make sure if you have a tent stay in the middle. Even if they have the signs covered. You must pay extra for the sides. Regardless if your just sleeping and no one else is at the camp. They take it very serious! I wasnt to happy about the situation. But figured it was not worth the arguing, and they where pretty nice for being as serious and strict as they where. Also if you get the chance at night, an owl comes out and you are able to call at it and get a response. After going to a fewtrees we was able to get right under it and have it stare right at us. Would have been a beautiful photo!
[signature]
nice wiper great report.i think after this next week things will really heat up at willard.
[signature]