Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shedding some lbs

My hubby and I Do hit some waters that require some walking in to get to. But, we are still a fan of the oars, so we bought a couple of these new boats by Dave Scadden. The intro or demo to the Predator was to be a 6' model the same as the Escape without the oars and weighing in at 9 lbs. But, after hitting the show circuit, the People told Dave what they wanted. They were not interested in the 6' version but something a little longer and the oars, so Dave scratched the smaller version and here is the new Predator. They are 8' long and 52" wide give or take an inch.
It is made out of a new material. Heart Valve material. So while being strong, it is super light as well. That is what interest us more than anything. Some where around 12 lbs.
It is about a foot shorter that the Renegade.
Now some specifics:
There is a NEW Bravo Valve. It seems a lot stronger. So if ordering be prepared for this. Deflated it almost sounds like crumpling paper...LOL.
The D rings are plastic, not sure on this idea yet myself as my motor mount attaches to these. Time will tell.
Foot bar, it is out farther now, I really like this. Legs straight out for rowing.
New bags, with a choice of Blue or Red top. They are insulated as well.
New seat too. With a choice of red or blue on the accent. Also comes with a really nice stripping apron.
Here it is:
[Image: IMG_0580_zpse46cbf0a.jpg]
NOTE: This is with the seat, bags and oars

[Image: IMG_0576_zps774544f2.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0573_zps47c3c0de.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0570_zpsc3a85fd6.jpg]

Have not got it wet yet, but I am sure it will be smooth sailing
[signature]
Looks good, I wonder how it handles? I know with your renegade you were all over the place with it. [cool] Enjoy your new toy![Smile]
[signature]
Very nice, can't wait to hear the review of the first ride. Glad to see it has D ring's for the stripping appron. That is one problem with the Renagade, not enough D ring's.
[signature]
Interesting. Anxious to see it in action. With the material being so light, I bet it rolls up into a small package. Should be a lot easier to carry down (and back) at LD.
[signature]
That is what I am thinking. SC this weekend. I put one glue on so far, see how that does.
[signature]
What kind of glue do you use Joni?

_SHig
[signature]
Loctite

http://www.hardwareworld.com/Loctite-Vin...MgodaR8Alg
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Loctite

http://www.hardwareworld.com/Loctite-Vin...MgodaR8Alg[/quote]

Interesting. It says not recommended for urethane. Sticks okay though?

_SHig
[signature]
[#0000FF]Looks like a good possibility for my style of fishing. A big blue H3?

What is the sticker price?

Any chance I could come by for a looksee?
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Not Urethane. Dave doesn't use Bladders on these new boats and I think the only Urethane he offers anymore are the Skykomish.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Not Urethane. Dave doesn't use Bladders on these new boats and I think the only Urethane he offers anymore are the Skykomish.[/quote]

I thought the "heart valve" material itself was a urethane laminate? It's actually vinyl? I'd be surprised if it was.

BTW, have any photos of it packed small?

_SHig
[signature]
My mistake, I was thinking bladders...duh.
Yes the boat is Urethane, plus layers of Nylon and Kevlar. This glue however, is fine on it. You can also use Aquaseal.

TD, the boat with everything including new bags, seat, apron, oars is on sale this week for $999. but the sale ends this week then it is listed at $1400.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Thanks. Not ready to "upgrade" yet. Pretty spendy for a next generation H3...even at the sale price. I think I'll wait to see if it passes the test of time. Dave has a way of "moving on" pretty quickly.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Not really a next Generation H3. This is a full blown pontoon at 8' long.

And SHig, it does not pack up real small. It can fit in a large back pack if folded carefully. It however can and has ran white water. It is just a very light pontoon boat. One I would have no problem hiking in to remote waters. Our LD is straight down and of course straight up at least 50 yards. I know I can do this with this boat on my shoulders.

I can put it in the NFO rolling duffle bag easily.

Dave does come out with new ideas all the time. There has been only a couple proto types so to speak, that are no longer available. H3, the first Navigator, and some models of pontoons.
But the warranty still stands.
He is always looking to improve, as is Outcast

http://www.outcastboats.com/outcast/prod...aspx?id=43

Note on this one, it is Vinyl bladder
http://www.outcastboats.com/outcast/prod...aspx?id=44
[signature]
Sweeeet ride!
[signature]
Oooooo wow that's nice I like how they made the bags 2 tone instead of the plain black.

Do you think its light enough to pack up in the Uintah's on foot ?
[signature]
Oh yes, but, as I said, it doesn't fold up real small. Clear path and on the shoulders, no problem.
[signature]
[quote sinergy]Oooooo wow that's nice I like how they made the bags 2 tone instead of the plain black.

Do you think its light enough to pack up in the Uintah's on foot ?[/quote]

But a Super Fat Cat weighs the same and packs smaller. The ODC420 UL is even lighter and packs smaller. Of course my tube weighs what that tu-tone gear bag does! LOL...

Of course the NFO can take an RPG round so there's that...

_SHig
[signature]
[quote SHigSpeed][quote sinergy]Oooooo wow that's nice I like how they made the bags 2 tone instead of the plain black.

But a Super Fat Cat weighs the same and packs smaller. The ODC420 UL is even lighter and packs smaller. Of course my tube weighs what that tu-tone gear bag does! LOL...

_SHig[/quote]

Awe, but this is almost twice the size of either (and as you said, weighs the same or a little more).
They are not bladderless, have skid plates, handles, Foot bar mount, Oar holders, and capable of taking Class 3 white water.
All this adds to size, not weight. I can get it to about 22" x 24" x 5".

Oh and I can add a motor (including small Gas) battery and my dog)
[signature]
[quote flygoddess][quote SHigSpeed][quote sinergy]Oooooo wow that's nice I like how they made the bags 2 tone instead of the plain black.

_SHig[/quote]

Awe, but this is almost twice the size of either (and as you said, weighs the same or a little more).
They are not bladderless, have skid plates, handles, Foot bar mount, Oar holders, and capable of taking Class 3 white water.
All this adds to size, not weight. I can get it to about 22" x 24" x 5".

Oh and I can add a motor (including small Gas) battery and my dog)[/quote]

Absolutely. Every craft has its niche. My point was that you wouldn't hike into the Uintas with a motor, and battery, etc. looking for Class 3 whitewater unless your dog looked more like a mule! Smile

I do admit that I have oar-envy sometimes when I plop my Fish Cat into drive-up lakes...

_SHig
[signature]