Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado XT (airing up issues)!!!!!
Just got a Colorado XT Pontoon. I bought the floor model because I wanted Orange for visibility and Classic Accessories was out at the moment. Im wondering if I didnt get a peice for airing it up. When ever I unscrew the cap off of the air adapter mount on the bladder air starts rushing out. I can air it up but when I remove the adapter air starts rushing out again and I have to put the cap on quickly. I know and can turn that small peice to on the mount on the bladder but that stops me from being able to air it up. It seems like the adapter should have something that pushes that peice down when ever I attach the adapter. I hope this makes since.

Thanks for the help
[signature]
[quote LakeBeaver]Just got a Colorado XT Pontoon. I bought the floor model because I wanted Orange for visibility and Classic Accessories was out at the moment. Im wondering if I didnt get a peice for airing it up. When ever I unscrew the cap off of the air adapter mount on the bladder air starts rushing out. I can air it up but when I remove the adapter air starts rushing out again and I have to put the cap on quickly. I know and can turn that small peice to on the mount on the bladder but that stops me from being able to air it up. It seems like the adapter should have something that pushes that peice down when ever I attach the adapter. I hope this makes since.

Thanks for the help[/quote]

Here is an old review
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ost=411361;

Because they are summit valves, you need this:

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sport.../cat101153

Hope this helps and enjoy the ride.
[signature]
Thanks for the links! I do have that piece though. It just doesnt hit the center piece of the valve opening up the valve. I either have to open of the valve manually or close it manually. So after I air it up I have to pull that piece out and close the valve quickly losing air.
[signature]
Not sure what your valve looks like, got a pic?
[signature]
I can twist the middle to the right to keep the valve open and twist back to close it. I can also push on it to temporarily open it. Is seems like the adapter (like the link you sent) that I have should be pushing it for me everytime I insert it. There is nothing about this in the manual for some reason.lol
[signature]
photo attached on last post
[signature]
With that adaptor you should be able to inflate in the CLOSED position. Like a one way flap. Opening is for deflating.
[signature]
Thats what you think. It fails to do so on both pontoons. I have only had it a couple of weeks. Your last comment helps me realize I have everything I need though. Thanks for your time.
[signature]
[#0000FF]What kind of pump are you using to air it up? If it is a high volume low pressure pump there will not be enough pressure to force the valve open during the airing up process. You will have to air it up as far as you can...with the valve open manually...and the finish it off with a higher pressure dual action pump. Or, just use the dual action pump all the way with the valve closed.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
There are 2 different types of adapters for these valves on my summit valve boat. They look to be identical, but one is slightly LONGER and the other is SHORT. The longer one can be used with a low pressure electric inflator of around 2# pressure and quickly twisted off, which is the fastest way to inflate to pressure; sometimes a little manual pump top off is needed if you're not quick enough. The shorter adapter does not reach or push in the backpressure flap, so the flap remains closed. With the shorter adapter, one of TD's methods should work. With the short adapter, the fastest way is to use an electric low pressure inflator with the pin flap pushed in to the open flap postion, then to quickly close down the pin flap so minimum air escapes, then top off with a manual pump.

Hope this helps.

Pon

[quote LakeBeaver]Thats what you think. It fails to do so on both pontoons. I have only had it a couple of weeks. Your last comment helps me realize I have everything I need though. Thanks for your time.[/quote]
[signature]
I purchased my pump at West Marine and had it shipped to my local store to save shipping charges. It works great, and I used it to inflate and deflate both pontoons on my Kenai. Still haven't made maiden voyage as we are getting ready to move to Connecticut, taxes in New York suck, but when we are settled in Connecticut it will get a workout!!!

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/sto...b8_15BDucE
[signature]
PS: I did have to run the clear Summit valve adapter hose under hot water for a few minutes in order to get it pliable enough to fit over the large diameter hose adapter for the pump, the smaller adapters are too small to seal tightly in the clear Summit valve hose.
[signature]
That adapter looks similar to a Halkey Roberts adapter. On the inside of the adapter is there a pin or a little screw ? The pin or screw pushes the valves center post down to open the valve for inflation. The first adapter I got had a screw it would turn the valves center post when I would twist to lock into the valve. So when I removed it from the toon it left the valve wide open.

If its like the halkey roberts adapter I had then turn the valve center post closed twist the adapter into the valve, and see if you can inflate then twist the adapter out and it should close the valve.
[signature]