Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake 6/1
Well, I took the ol' tube down to AF harbor this morning. Took off out of the harbor about 6 a.m.. It was a bit chilly. Wearing just gym shorts under the waders wasn't the best idea. Anywho I headed south of the harbor and got to my spot about 6:30 a.m.. I threw out my first pole with shrimp. I set up my second pole with a chunk of white bass. As soon as I had my second pole in the water, the shrimp took off. It was a good fight, and ended up being my biggest fish of the day. I was hoping for bigger, but it measured 22 and a half.
[inline 404501_10151936733884115_146535656_n.jpg]
I spent about 30 minutes of prime fishing time trying to figure out how to take a picture of the fish on my tube with my tape measre and paper. It was 30 minutes wasted, because it wasn't happening.[Image: angry.gif]

After that I got my poles back out and about 10 minutes later, hooked onto another channel. This time on the white bass. About 21 inches.
[inline 226756_10151937373644115_1149531077_n.jpg]
After that, my spot cooled down. I didn't have any bites for about a half hour, the power squadron was out in full force, plus I needed to pee. I headed back to the south dyke. (Does anybody know why theres never anyone on the south dyke, is there no access or what?) Anyways from then on, it was mudder after mudder.
[inline 005.JPG]

[inline 006.JPG]

[inline 007.JPG]

[inline 008.JPG]

[inline 010.JPG]

This guy here looked like the hulks bicep. I thought he had swallowed a baseball.[Image: happy.gif]
[inline 004.JPG]

I also caught one White Bass on shrimp. He looked healthy. I didn't get a picture, because he flopped off the hook as I was pulling out my camera. The final count was 2 channels, 8 mudders and one whitie.[fishin]
[signature]
Looks like one mud kitty over dosed on steroids. [laugh]
[signature]
I was thinking the same thing. I wish I had x-ray vision, I wanted to see what it had been eating. One of the mudders I caught had one of the biggest hooks I'd ever seen hooked from down in its stomach, hanging all the way out of its mouth.
[signature]
The fat guy might be a female spawner right now. I remember last year catching a few mud kitties around this time of year looking fat like that and dang small fish like them I'm surprised how big their egg sacks are.
[signature]