Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice cold Causey report (11-25-03)
Decided to make use of a week off of school and hit Causey one more time before ice up. It was pretty cold up there, 20 degrees when I got there at 10AM, and only 24 when I left at noon. I boated 3 kokes, all about 12 inches. Caught them on my usual set-up, fishing about 35 feet down. I would have stayed longer but after an hour, my battery decided that it was too cold, and took a dump on me. Luckily I wasn't too far from the dam when it gave up the ghost. Didn't have to worry about cliff divers today!!! The water sure is low...seems like the walk down from the dam gets a little longer each time. Sure hope we get lots of snow to help fill it up.

Here is a pic taken when I first got there. It was lightly snowing, and there is some ice forming in some of the pockets around the edges. Shouldn't be too long before ice up. I also stopped by Pineview and there was ice forming around the edges as well. It actually had more ice on it that Causey did. If this cold weather holds for much longer everything will have hard water![Wink]
[signature]
Thanks for the report TKB . I been wondering about Pineview if some ice was on it . I may try tubing it this weekend .
[signature]
This will probably be the last weekend it will be tubable. Dress warm and fish hard! Let us know how you do. Good luck.
[signature]
i don think pineview is ready for ice just yet. ill drive up and check it out and let you know since i live five minutes away pretty much.
[signature]
I'm sure with the weekend warming up it will be ice free . I can't wait for some ice there to chase the perch .I like to find some big crappie too .
[signature]
Great pic!!! I hear you are going with Petty and I tomorrow to put on a clinic for us. As long as I catch more fish than petty I will be fine. If he out fishes me again I dont know if i can handle the razzing he puts out!!![Tongue] Well looking forward to the cold trip tomorrow
[signature]