Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My fleet groweth
[cool]my daughter asked for a new u tube. She is now 10 and I guess she was getting tired of her round tube. So thanks to a coworker of mine that didn't want his boat any more (never been used) I was able to pick it up at a great price for her. Best thing is her rod holder that I built for her other tube works just fine with this one.
[signature]
Good deal there. Gonna need a bigger garage[Wink]
[signature]
Tell me about it. I'll be bringing home a 15' boat here in about a week as well. At least the tubes deflate and can be stored for the winter.
[signature]
Yea, we have a 14'er plus the pontoons. Like you said, they can fold up for the winter.
[signature]
Now to figure out where to put this old boat! I can keep it at the house for the summer but may need to find another spot for the winter. I may be able to keep it at the inlaws up in Huntsville.[Wink]
[signature]
I put ours behind the house with a cover. Not crazy about it, but it is out of the way.
[signature]
My problem is I don't have that kind of space. Right now it will fit along side the front of the driveway area. My property line is a little close. [crazy]
[signature]
Tough one. We actually use this boat too, so we have to be able to get to it although light enough you can move it by hand.
[signature]
Since we received it as an inheritance I have been working on it for the last three weeks. The motors are working great and now all I need to do is get tires and have Willard Bay state park do a decon on it. Small minor nuances now to repair such as the navigation light system. Also needs registration and insurance then I will try it out on the water.[Smile] But still gotta go tubin!!! There is nothing like it.
[signature]
Decon on it? it hasn't been in the water for years has it?
[signature]
Has not been in the water for about 7 years. Not sure what water it was on last either. It has been stored in a barn uncovered so it has crud all over it and I just want to be safe.
[signature]
Sounds like more fun to be had this summer.

Why don't you just take the boat to a car wash? Most land based poo won't transfer any invasives to the waters especially if they are dried on.
[signature]
[quote cpierce]Sounds like more fun to be had this summer.

Why don't you just take the boat to a car wash? Most land based poo won't transfer any invasives to the waters especially if they are dried on.[/quote]

Probably will too, we did find a couple of dead mice on it as well.
[signature]
I agree with cpierce. Take it to Supersonic and have 'em vacumn and detail it. Add a wax job and your're ready to go.
[signature]
I understand what everyone is saying. I have decided to take it to the local wand wash and clean it. My wife and kids will wax it. I already have the wax for it.
[signature]