Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday at Bear Lake
[font "Arial"][red][size 2] We had a Fantastic day on the water at Bear Lake on Friday the 28th of November2003. The trip had been planned for a little while with Old Coot inviting me on a fishing trip to Bear Lake for the day, and of course I accepted .[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] When we got to the Marina to set up the first thing we saw was BLM, and his Father and I think crestliner was with them, not sure on that . They launched a few minutes before Old Coot and I did.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] For me, this was my first time fishing at Bear Lake and I could tell right off it was going to be a Blast. As we were preparing the boat to launch Bear Lake Guy showed up and we also saw Muskyhunter and a good friend of his getting ready to launch as well. It looked like it was going to be a BFT Day at bear Lake. As we were leaving the Marina we noticed Fish1on fishing from the shore right at the mouth of the lake he was fishing for Whitefish, do not know how he did. I do know he has a place up there.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] We motored straight over to the Rockpile area, and started fishing right away. Old Coot showed me what we were going to be using, a 5-inch white tube jig about 5/8 oz tipped with a piece of Cisco meat. It didn't take very long before another first had happened, I had caught my very first Bear Lake Mack. It was about a 4 pounder and a pretty good fighter, Old Coot helped me land it in his Musky Net. As he was getting his camera out I was holding the net in the water to keep the Mac alive[/size][/#ff0000][/font][font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] when he was ready to take the picture i looked in to the net and asked " WHERE'S THE FISH" I guess the Mac had had enough of our fun and decided to to leave us and rather quickly. So we never got a picture of my first Bear Lake Mac.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] I did catch another Mac that was in the 6 pound class and was very big, we did manage to get a picture of that one. Old Coot outfished me with 5-2 but it was still a great day . The best catch of the day for us was when Old Coot caught a very nice 11-pound Macanaw and very strong also. I heard his reel screeming from the line being ripped from the reel and the fight was on, you can bet we got some pictures of that one. We met up with BLM and Muskyhunter on t he water and chatted for a minute or two and went back to fishing, we left around 3 in the afternoon. [/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] All in all it was a great day at Bear Lake and Good to be around some good friends all day. Also Muskyhunter and his friend had netted a nother 10+ pound Mac within a minute or two of Old Coots, that was exciting. Thanks for a great day of fishing Guys. We need to do it again. The Pictures will be posted later today by Old Coot.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52 [/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] [/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Nice report Dan and congratulations on your first mack. How deep was the water you were fishing in and what was the water temp? WH2
[signature]
[font "Arial"][red][size 2] Hi Curtis, we were in about 80 feet of water , I think the water temp was about 40 degrees.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Congrats on the mac! They sure look like they are fun to catch. Lookin' forward to seeing the pics. Good luck on your next trip.
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Hi all[/size][/font][/center] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I'm sitting here at Bait_Caster's PC doing my posting catch-up. It sure will be good to get my machine back up and running some day soon. Had a great day on Bear Lake with Dan (theee Man). [/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]It was fun again meeting more new BFTers that I was not familiar with (Fish1on, Crestliner, and Muskyhunter).[/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I tried my new cradle net that I bought for muskellunge. It does in fact work good on large lakers. We were able to keep the fish in the water 80% of the time at the boat rather than banging around in the bottom of the boat out of the water. Using the cradle net gave us time to take a breather, get the camera ready, and remove hooks easier. However, as Dan can attest to, don't let the net get too deep in the water or them sneaky little buggers will swim right up over the top. We went from "fish-on" to "fish-gone" in a heart beat. Dan took it all in stride though.[/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]We fished next to Muskyhunter and BLM for quite a while. If you ever ask Muskyhunter what he is using, plan on getting his standard answer "worms and a marshmallow".[/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]It was a wonderful day on the lake and especially enjoyable to fish next to BFTers like BLM, Muskyhuter, Crestliner, and AF-Dan. I've always been one to have more fun around folks know (at least from reading posts),[/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Here are a few pics from the day.[/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Picture #04 is happy Dan and his first Bear Lake lake trout (actually, it was his second. His first one snuck away),[/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Picture #09 shows Muskyhunter and his partner tipping their little boat ready to jump in after a big one.[/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Picture #11 Muskyrhunter photographing his buddy with the "big one".[/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Picture #12 One awful nice laker in Muskyhunter's boat.[/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Picture #02 My small ????. Can't remember if it was a cut or a mack. Anyone care to say which it is?[/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Picture #07 My prize for the day.[/size][/font][/left]
[signature]
Nice pics OldCoot. Looks like all of you guys had a great day. I can't wait to get back up there and do some fishing instead of sitting at this computer looking at all of these great pictures and wishing I was up there. I would guess that is a cutt you are holding in picture #2. [unsure] Did you catch it in 80' of water?
[signature]
Hey Coot,you cant knock the worm/mellow combo till you try it!!Macks love um. Just make sure you put the mellow on first[Wink]Great pics,when I get mine developed I will send the ones of you guys!we will have to do it again,its always good fishing when your with good company!!M.H.
[signature]
Nice pics Coot, good to see you land one of the bigger fish of the day, too bad you were shut out on the day the Salsa boat was on the water! Still cooking salsa, now adventuring into the Spagetti sauce area!

We're gonna have to do this again sometime!

Take care
[signature]
Hey Dan,

Great report! Congrats on your first mack. Sorry to hear about no photo. Great picture of your 2nd one though. [Smile]
[signature]
Nice picts coot!!! Seems you guys had a blast. I know I am ready to hit the Bear again. I am supposed to be going this next saturday with some BFTers. I hope that trip is still on and we will be going. I need some new picts of fishes.
[signature]