Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What' a "What-A-Cricket"?
[unsure] Hey guys. I've seen references today to What-A-Crickets and white crickets (which I assume are the same thing). Is this a lure? Where can I find them? Are they available online? I ran a yahoo search but can't find anything like this. TIA. Don
[signature]
Don,

They are a soft plastic jig sold here in Utah at Hooked Fishing Tackle. The real name is Water Cricket, I call them What-A-Crickets because with my Connecticut accent, that what it sounds like when I say it.
[signature]
Thanks IFG. I appreciate the info. I'm always on the look out for a new "secret lure" to dazzle and amaze my friends down here along the Front Range. LOL Don
[signature]
If you want some PM HFT, he's my "dealer". If nothing else PM me and I can send you a couple of packs for Christmas. After this weekend I need to go get some more anyway.
[signature]
Whatta Cricket is the best plastic made for ice fishing.

sorry IFG they are miscalled water crickets because it sounds so natural,what ever the name they work.

Don, I have them special made in batches of 20,000 per color. White,glow,pearl,chartreuse/glitter. WE thread them on a 1/16 oz. head. 10 to a pack $1.25. it is a 2" soft plastic lure with 2 legs that come off the side and sweep back. the legs have just the right wiggle to look life like,but not as thin as on a tube jig to wiggle too much.
[signature]
And the fish love them! I am one who miss names them as well. Mainly because I take them out of the package, and just know where to get them.
[signature]
a drawing of whatta cricket
[signature]
sorry attachment didn't work for me
[signature]
I'm picturing something that looks like a paddlebug. Is it anything like that? Do you think that they would work for perch and bluegill?

-Jack
[signature]
Thanks for the help fellas. I appreciate it.
[signature]
The water-cricket works very well. I've caught some nice cutts and rainbows at strawberry useing the what-a-cricket. I plan on picking up a few along with some other jiggs at the rod building class this Thursday.
[signature]
I think this is it . I never have fished them but have a few in case I do want to .
[signature]
The one on the right are the kind I have bought from HFT. I've never seen the other two are they a different type of what-a-cricket?
[signature]
Not sure what the others are called , just found them in the jig section . LOL I think you are right . I think I picked them up at "Hooked " the ones on the right and the others from sportsmans . I was just trying to get a image to look at . I hope it helps .
[signature]
it is the one on the right. the others are quad tails.
[signature]