Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pontoon Oars
I recently acquired a pontoon boat without oars. I am wondering what size of oars I should get for it? or does it really matter? Its an 8 foot pontoon if I am not mistaken.

I apologize if this has been answered before, I looked but didnt see anything.
[signature]
For most things these days, you can do an internet search for the company that manufactured the pontoon. Often the company makes descriptions, specifications, and parts lists available for download. For instance, I can find info about my Classic Accessories pontoon quite easily.

Please reply back if you are successful or not. Plan B can be developed if you are able to provide more details.
[signature]
As far as finding the exact brand I cant. Its a sportsmans warehouse branded one. All I can find is that generally the eight footers come with six foot oars.
[signature]
Oars are oars. You can get carlisle oars anywhere. Best sizes are 5-6 feet. Cabelas sells the two piecers for $59 each. Look around you can probably find a better deal. On my toons one of them has the creek company oars. They are a little different and took a liitle bit to get them to fit. Used rubber gasket material as a spacer when I attached the carlisle oar locks. worked great. The other one has the aluminum carlisle oars one piecers.
[signature]
Your toon being a sportsmans warehouse branded toon it is most likely an outcast. Although I do believe bucks bags did a few for them as well.
[signature]
Don't believe Bucks ever made a boat for Sportsman's. The Outcast is the Asian line however. On an 8' er I say at least 5' oars, but a little longer can be nice like a 6'er. How do your oars mount? Are they clamped in or is it a horseshoe holder? Not that it really matters but if it is the horseshoe style, Oar Rights are really nice.

I have two different 8' boats and the stock oars are 5'er. But, my custom oars are 6'.
[signature]
I am not sure what type it has. I bought it off a dude that lives where my mom does and had her pick it up. I am going to put the clamp styled ones on it either way though. I am going to get it on Tuesday when I go home for some vacation time.
[signature]
Clamp style is nice. I had that on my Bucks. You can set the blade for the right position and it stays there. That is what the Oar Rights do too.
Like Albino said, Carlisle will probably be your best bet.
[signature]
I have heard those are the better of the two. I found some 6 footers on Amazon for 20 bucks a pop so I picked some of those up. I think they will work perfect for what I need.
[signature]
Great price on those. The clamp on is definitely the way to go as we'll. I find them user friendly.
[signature]