Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PVC
I guess there is real money to be made in this stuff. Add fancy paint though

http://www.teamfishco.com/
[signature]
[#0000FF]I'll betcha they visited our board a few times to get their ideas.

I wish I had a dollar for every setup I have put together over the years.

Heck, I just wish I had a dollar.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Ya I bet they got the idea from this board. Ron
[signature]
The design looks hauntingly familiar.
[signature]
you need to patent your tube[cool]
[signature]
Pretty sure the tube is.[Wink]
[signature]
[quote reelfast]you need to patent your tube[cool][/quote]

[#0000FF]I'm sure you were referring to the wild and crazy PVC setup on my rig.

I have constantly been experimenting, modifying and upgrading the different PVC additions to my tube. But because I am more into sharing than profiting from my innovations I have freely posted pictorials on each new goodie as I have added it. I have never even considered patenting and marketing any of my stuff.

And that is kinda what this board is all about...caring and sharing. Over the years we have had a lot of good contributions and new ideas from many members. That's a good thing.

Personally, I doubt that the add-on PVC setup will ever sell many units. Not because tubers and tooners are cheap (even if they are) but because most of us are capable of fabbing our own system or at least recruiting someone to help that has the experience and ability to put together what they want.

My opinion is that it is far too big...with far too much PVC and weight. Also looks much less functional than what most of us make for ourselves. Something else designed to catch gullible anglers rather than more fish.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I do see similarity in ATFishing and some of SHigs, but I imagine there is many options.
There are some that will buy it, but that is America. Like buying a devise that holds a reel on your chest rather the rod. There is a butt for every seat.
I do like the cleanness of this. The Sonar mount is lean and mean and the Camera mount is gaining more popularity, specially in CA.[laugh]

Great minds think alike.
[signature]
You're the master with PVC, thanks for the many ideas over the years!

Patents are nowhere what they are cracked up to be.
They come into play only IF great profits are being made off an exact copy of an idea. So you can make an exact copy of anything patented for personal use and maybe even to give away. A business would be foolish to pursue knockoffs for these cases, it isn't worth their expensive time/resources. Changing a simple thing on an existing patent can make it non-infringement.
"Might makes right" in patents (and other business matters). If a powerful entity or someone overseas steals your exact patent, defending means having the resources to defend with your own money, sometimes for years at a great cost of time and money. Look as JP Morgan vs. Tesla where Tesla lost, the intermittent windshield wiper guy who finally won after 20+ years vs. GM, etc.
There is a whole industry that makes huge profits off of "vanity" patents, just like "vanity" press on publishing your own book.
A patent doesn't have to work, it can be patented even if you there are no merits to it.

Just some interesting observations.

Pon

[quote TubeDude][quote reelfast]you need to patent your tube[cool][/quote]

[#0000ff]I'm sure you were referring to the wild and crazy PVC setup on my rig.

I have constantly been experimenting, modifying and upgrading the different PVC additions to my tube. But because I am more into sharing than profiting from my innovations I have freely posted pictorials on each new goodie as I have added it. I have never even considered patenting and marketing any of my stuff.

And that is kinda what this board is all about...caring and sharing. Over the years we have had a lot of good contributions and new ideas from many members. That's a good thing.

Personally, I doubt that the add-on PVC setup will ever sell many units. Not because tubers and tooners are cheap (even if they are) but because most of us are capable of fabbing our own system or at least recruiting someone to help that has the experience and ability to put together what they want.

My opinion is that it is far too big...with far too much PVC and weight. Also looks much less functional than what most of us make for ourselves. Something else designed to catch gullible anglers rather than more fish.
[/#0000ff][/quote]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Good points. But the reason I don't care about getting any patents is because I would rather simply share whatever I come up with rather than trying to profit from fellow fishermen.

In my business life I have become quite aware of the vicissitudes of patents and infringements. As you point out, if someone wants to get around a patent there are ways to do so.

Kinda like the old saying "Locks are made to keep honest people honest." I have found out the hard way that if someone wants to get to you badly enough they will find a way to do it.

'Scuse me while I go sniff some more PVC glue.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]