Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard N Marina Success
How is launching from the N marina.
Got to better than than the south.
[signature]
I launched out of the North Marina on Sunday (17' Lund).. The gate lady told me "it is launch at your own risk" and they have a sign out at the ramp stating that too.. But really it went really good for launching and retrieving on my sonar inside the marina it stayed right around 3-6' and there were other bigger boats there launching as well I didnt have any issues just take your normal steps when operating in shallow water and you should be fine. I stayed in the middle of the mouth when i went out and it was plenty deep I think 5' is what I remembered in the mouth. Good luck let us know how you do
[signature]
Thanks or the intel... Heading early Sat morning.
[signature]
when the water is this low you have to go straight out for a long ways , do not cut the corner after your out of the mouth or you will hit shallow water faster than you can react.
[signature]
[#502800]Are the ski boats still launching?[/#502800]
[signature]
Scott, if your going out on Sat, expect a zoo because only the center ramp is open, so only 1/3 of the ramp is open but at least there is one boat dock where the South has none. Good luck.
[signature]
Thanks Curt
[signature]
Hit the bay this morning early around 5:45. N marina access perfect, no lines either at the gate or ramp. Channel was around 5 ft or so just got to watch the depth finder and all goes well.
We ran about 1/3 way down and trolled parallel to the N Dyke in 10 ft of water. Caught first wiper (21") off of a smallie colored deep diver. Saw some micro boils up against the bank so stopped to throw at them and landed a 23" wiper on a a silver rattle trap. Ended up with the wipers, 1 big fat bullhead and 2 nice channel cats.
Back home by 10:30.
Got to clean fish for dinner tonight....
[signature]
Good report Scott, thanks for sharing the info and pics. I'm glad to hear the wipers are getting active, maybe we will see some boils this year. Did you release the bullhead? Those all look like channel cats in your pics. Were there a lot of people launching as you were leaving?
[signature]
Ya my bad.... The one channel cat looked like a bullhead but had a forked tail so ya.....
[signature]
What did you catch the cats on?
[signature]
Silver rattle traps trolling
[signature]