Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Triple Rod Holder Release
I need some help. I bought a glue on mounting pad for my Renegade. The mounting base attaches with 4 screws. If I push the Triple Rod Holder post into the mounting base and twist to lock it...then I don't know how I'll be able to remove it. I won't be able to unscrew the base because the triple rod holder will be too close to the screws and won't allow me to access the screws with a screwdriver.

How do you remove these triple rod holders? Maybe I'm overlooking something really simple.

Thanks.
[signature]
If it is the standard one I find pictures of, by Scotty, I see the 4 screws and a larger hole in the side of the base. Does that hole let you push a clip to release the crossbar so you can un-twist and pull it back out?
[signature]
This?

[Image: 022.jpg]
[signature]
You should be okay - assuming you have a unit by Scotty. Here is a URL to some directions I found at the Austin kayak site (disclaimer - I do not own a kayak):
http://www.austinkayak.com/assets/pdf/Tr...Holder.pdf

Scotty units are designed to be removed by twisting the unit a special way or releasing a tab.
[signature]

You have a groove in the bottom of stem of the triple and a tit (for lack of a better word) in the mount. Put the holder in the mount and turn it until it seats all the way down. To turn it, pull it up a half inch or so. Then you can turn the holder until it's in the position you want. To remove just pull up, again it will only come out about a 1/2" at this time, and turn it until it comes all the way out out. It's very simple.
You're over thinking this thing.
[signature]
It is the same as the individual rod holder, the anchor systems, the camera mounts.
What problem are you having?
You do want to make any of the accessories for these Scotty mounts a 180 turn so you don't lift up and accidentally pull the whole thing out.
[signature]
Got it! Thanks to all. I guess it was "brain lock" and I was overthinking it. Great to be able to turn to you all for advice.
[signature]