Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New NFO X5
SO I just got a new NFO X5 and man this boat is pretty sweet. I'm reaching out to get some ideas on the best ways to mount a depth finder on the boat without obstructing oar movement. Also, I have a 30lb electric from my old boat and was wondering if my current motor would be sufficient for the X5.
[signature]
so i have an avenger, not an X5, i just use a fishing buddy and its holster, you can see the strap wrapped around the front.

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee44...V82281.jpg

i dont use it to find fish per say, i sue it for depth and temp only

here is another view of it

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee44...V82251.jpg

it does not obstruct the oars at all. your 30lber should work just fine, i used a 45lber when i had the gas out board on the back and at full steam it really moved me across the water

edit... i have a broken URL in there some where so i just added direct links to the pics
[signature]
My husband and I both have the X5. They are 6 or 7 years old and love them. We do have the older X5 frame with removeable foot pegs though.
I have an old Hummingbird Sonar and hubby bought a newer model. We bought RAM MOUNTS. The Humming bird mount and the four inch extension.
I have a bar mount RAM BALL on my foot peg and Transducer mounted off the back of the rear deck.

Here is the mount in bottom left:
[Image: IMG_1132.jpg]

Here is Transducer
[Image: IMG_1155.jpg]

I still use this set up but because I have other frameless models I have made a mount that is one piece using the RAM, a flexable cutting board, PVC 14", and 6' of 2" Nylon Strapping and clips.
[Image: IMG_0749_zpsf089a27b.jpg]

I had a Minn Kota 30 when I first got the boat. It really isn't big enough. It will work but you have to drop it all the way down and it uses juice fast.
[signature]
Awesome! I appreciate the pics for a visual. I'll probably give the 30lb a try and see how it goes, but sounds like I'll probably need to upgrade.
[signature]