Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YNP 9/26-29
We just got back from our annual fall trip to Yelllowstone. Despite the winter-like weather we managed to have a good time. I was lucky enough to fish for a couple of hours each day and overall I was quite satisfied with the fishing. I fished the Madison for a couple days, the Gardner, and the Lamar. Unfortunately the Lamar was quite off color from the rain/snow but we still caught some fish. The wildlife was out in full force. Plenty of Elk, Bison, Pronghorn, and deer. We even saw 3 Grizzlies and 1 black bear. Here are a few photos. Tight lines,

Cole
[signature]
Looks like you had a great trip. Thanks for sharing. You are making me very jealous. I had a bull similar to the one that photo walk past me at about 70 yards during my bow hunt. Man, I wish I had a shot...... Nice bull.
Thanks for the report. I'll be up there this weekend.

Windriver
[signature]
Thanks for sharing your trip .
[signature]
If you get the chance, I would recommend fishing the Madison. Lots of lake run Browns hanging out in the deeper runs. Pitch a big ugly streamer in and hang on. I had some awesome battles with a few of the bigger ones. Wish I could have hiked into the lewis channel but it just wasn't in the cards. Have fun windriver!
[signature]