Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield Action Still Hot Pink !!!!!!!!! 12/7/03
Got a bad start today when I drove thru Lehi and realized I left my auger at home . Turned around and lost a hour in travel but made it to the lake by 7:00 . Fish where hitting from the get go but lots of small bows (Dinks) LOL . Caught about 40 fish with the biggest going about 16" . Fished white whatta cricket for a while chartreuse jigs and some rat finkees , but the hot color for me today was pink . Left in a blizzard about 4:00 pm . Most people were out a ways from shore so I moved in closer to shore and had a blast there . In my shelter I could see some bows cruise by up close to the ice . All my fish were caught on bottom . Post some pics of my shelter and some fish . Brought a couple home for dinner .
[signature]
Glad you had a good day today....despite the early setback[Wink] Not bad for a day on the ice. How thick was it today?
[signature]
It was 6" where I was and seen atv's and snowmobiles cruising all over . I should of brought my atv but did go close to shore .
[signature]
Wow...40 fish? Nice job HA69!! Pink huh? Damn, that's the one color that I was thinking about trying when it got slow yesterday, but never did. Guess I should have. I got about 40 bites, but only landed 6, but I learned at the end of the day how to make those bites into hooked fish.

What was your biggest today, and were any of em Cuts?
[signature]
Nice post HA. I bet you were all nice and toasty in that shack. Glad to hear you guys got some snow. Down south it blew by so fast it didn't even get the chance to drop a flake.
[signature]
Way to go Randy! Thats some good fishing. We'll have to do some ice fishing sometime soon.
[signature]
Biggest bow was 16 and I caught one that went a whopping 4" . Most were dinks today , about 25 of them little buggers . No cutts , but some where cut/bow . Last week I only caught 3 small ones . Action was hot on the pink but I tried about 12 flavors and orange was another one that caught a few too . My key to hooking more fish is to hold the rod at all times . 3 fish did break my 4# line .

And yes it was toasty in the shack . I fished with out it till noon and it started to snowing more so I hike back to the truck and fished closer to shore with the shelter .

Roads were a blast . I took this pic after getting down the road from Scofield but it got much worse before it got better . I am kinda glad I was not trailering my ATV with me .
[signature]
sounds killer dude will be up there this fri hope they are still biting
[signature]
I think I will go one more time next saturday .
[signature]
I want to hit Scofield one more time before Strawberry freezes too, but next weekend I will be fishing Pyramid Lake near Reno, Nevada for monster Cut's. Those of you who have never heard of this lake should check out my stepdad's website to see some real lunkers: www.wescraigs.net and click on the Pyramid Lake icon and scroll down the page. Makes the Cuts in da 'berry look a little small. Hopefully I'll hook into one of those big ones.[cool]
[signature]