Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo, Rockport, and UT. lake reports...
Ended up not taking my boat out due to all the low water reports. Good thing, I think. Started at Echo reservoir..(pond) water level is lowest I have ever seen. You need to be 99% billy goat just to access the water from the Coalville highway. Not recommended. "Boat ramp completely out of the water, 3' drop off from ramp to dirt, then another 15 yards to the water.

Went to Rockport next, stopped at the damn, 6-8 people down there, only needed to be 25% billy goat to get to the water. My son in law Jason, got his pole in first, within 10 minutes he had fish on, while he was getting it unhooked, I got my lines in and right away fish on for me. Not as big as his 15" compared to 18" but solid. At this point I thought it was going to be a great day. Next 90 minutes, nothing.
Saw a few boats on the water, mostly 12-14' aluminum trollers. Saw one that looked to be about a 24" inboard/outboard type, could see the boat ramp narrowed to one or two lane still in the water.

Drove by Deer Creek, water level higher than I expected, you can walk out to the island, (looked very busy) we continued on to the Provo river State Park. Not many people fished off the south dike where the river come in at the point where it turns to go north. Nothing after 1 hour, went across the road in the marina and caught 1 4" sunfish. Saw several good size boats being launched here. But signs warning of use at your own risk, low water levels everywhere.

OK day for fishing, Gorgeous day to be outside!
[signature]
I launched at American fork marina this last week. Plenty of water there. Around 4-5 inside harbor, 3 feet as you exit the harbor.
[signature]
Yeah they are still working on the dam at Echo. Should be completing the spillway and pipe out work this winter/spring. Then hopefully they can let it fill back up some. That is if the snow pack works out. [:/]
[signature]
You got a good 2-3 more terrible summers till that lake will start filling up. Don't expect good bass fishing at that lake until like 5-8 yrs. I miss when the lake was so full that all the trees and vegetation were over flooded with easy picking for big bass [:/]. Sad that that lake is so low. This year is suppose going too be like 4 or 5 % full this winter or lower
[signature]