Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pic's of your pontoon setup?
Found myself the owner of a pontoon recently. Have a boat and float tube, never owned a pontoon. Used it a month ago at Hyrum, really like sitting up out of the water. Didn't care much for the rowing, and why I don't use the float tube much didn't like kicking. Have seen several that have rigged small electric motors on them. Mine does have a rack on the back, but clearly would need modified to hold a small Minnkota. I also found that a rod holder would be nice. Did see a post where a guy had rigged a pulley system for the anchor, definitely in the plans, not that pulling it up was hard, but hey I'm retired and my motto when I worked was "work smart, not hard". LOL So, would love to see some pics of your pontoon setups if you don't mind.

TIA, Boatiac
[signature]
You need to check out the Float tubing boards, here is a link to those boards: [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?category=66"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?category=66[/url]
It has pontoon fishing setups too. Check out the Pimping your tube board and the post by Flygoddess, should be real helpful.
[signature]
I second what WH2 said. I have several pics over there of my set up. I do have a minn kota 34 mounted on mine as well as a way to hold 9 rods out of the way and have to live rods working as well. I have had to manufacture all my accessories pretty much using PVC.
[signature]
That is a great looking setup albinotrout. Love the look of that. Does your rod rack get in the way of the oars when they are needed?
[signature]
No, they are up and away. The holder for the live rods fold down flat.
[signature]
Might be an obvious question but, have you tried rowing your boat loaded like in the picture? Looks like the front holders would be a problem.
What are the two holders on the side of your pontoon for? I have one per side to hold the oar blade out of the water.
[signature]
I have tried rowing. The front holders fold down flat. They aren't glues in place, I used threaded PVC on those. The holders on the side are where I store the oars out of the way. There is a a set on both sides.
[signature]
Thanks. On the oar holders, I am not understanding why two per side. Do you take your oars out of the frame?
[signature]
Yes I do. Since I usually use the motor more I store the oars out of
The way.
[signature]
Hey here is a picture of my toon, I really have enjoyed it this year. Down rigger got busted off, but I didn't like trolling deep in the toon anyway. It was too hard to manage. I need to redo my active rod holders to a lower angle and pointed towards the back more for trolling. They work great for still fishing. Anyway good luck and TD has some great tips and helps. Later J
[signature]
My boats are bolt on and GLUED on Scotty and Ram, but I do have a mobile Sonar set up using 2" nylon strap, quick clip and adjusters, flexible cutting board and RAM mount plus a 14" piece of PVC pipe.
[signature]
I only have three right now. My Ronald Reagan class pontoon for long distance Sturgeon and Cats.

[Image: 3-1-1302small_zps9e348866.jpg]

This is my close range boat for sturgeon and cats. If I can't get my pontoon trailer into the launch area and the distance is under 2 miles I use this one.

[Image: 8-16-13-D_zpsff09b818.jpg]

This is my loaner if I need to take someone and tow them into the hole.

[Image: 8-16-13-H_zpsf546ee75.jpg]

Each is set up a little different. The big one uses a gas motor, and the Green one uses an electric motor. The yellow one is stripped down and only has a coule of rod racks. Ron
[signature]
Nice armada Ron, I like your toys.... I have a mini fleet, with my pictured one and two that are light weight I can backpack into mountain lakes, but I'd like a little larger one for more room and flotation, provided I can still carry it by hand into the areas I like to launch... I always carry the battery separate so it's not too heavy... I sure like a pontoon when I'm fishing alone, they are great.... Thanks for the pictures.. J
[signature]
Having choices is nice[laugh]
[signature]
I agree, but they can take up a lot of storage space if they have to stay assembled. Once I tricked out my toon, I had to leave it together because of the assembly time and I'm finding I need a bigger toy shed. But options are nice. Later J
[signature]
I wouldn't know. I have 6 inflatables and one boat. The boat is a little questionable as storage, the 6 all have their own suitcase. Frames in rafters all assembled. Just drop them and 5 straps per side on pontoon and ready to go. The other 4 are just inflate and go. My light weight hike in is 8' and 14 lbs.[Smile]

But, I have been doing this for many years so I have found what works better.[cool]
[signature]
Now that is having some options. Hopefully someday I'll get a couple more so I have a company toon for when I want to go in the toon but I'm taking someone else along. What make do you like best in a 9' toon? Do you have motors on all of them, so they all have to be licensed and invasive certified out of state? Wow that would be expensive to maintain the fleet. But you do guide so its part of your business needs right? Sounds like you have a really nice set up. Later J
[signature]
I do and it is a little expensive. Next year we will only be buying 2 invasive stickers and just use those two for Idaho.
I only own North Fork Outdoors. Just a personal choice. I have owned Outcast & Bucks Bag. I prefer the U shape. Much easier to assemble and more stable.

There are some however, that use the same motor license for different pontoons. I guess you can take a chance at never being caught. I don't dare try. Too many friends have got tickets, and the tickets are more than $37.
[signature]
Think I'll just stick to what I have for now. Later J
[signature]
Here is another pic of an older setup before I had to rebuild my motor mount.
[signature]