Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFO Predator Or Escape
Looking for a smaller pontoon for small water & my 10 year old granddaughter can learn to float & fish.I cant tell much difference between the Predator & Escape,what's your thought's. [still water & slow river's]

Thank's
Marty [fishon]
[signature]
The Escape is 6' long the Predator is 8'. The Escape weighs 24 lbs, the Predator 14lbs.
The Escape would be more durable as the Predator is made out of Heart Valve material and made to cut weight. Plastic D rings and no skid plate on bottom of the Predator.
The Escape IS a float tube with oars. There is little to no room behind the seat, but the side bags are huge.
I have and have had both. Good choices.
[signature]
Thank's for the info,i think the Escape will be the better choice.Any advice on teaching a 10 year old how to row in a straight line,i presume the Escape doesnt track very well because of it's short length.

Marty
[signature]
It actually tracks pretty sweet. Because of the closed end it tracks fantastic. She will want to row backwards for most power. Which ever arm is her dominant, let her know to compensate for that. These things move very easy with the stroke of an oar, just relax and enjoy.
[signature]
The NFO rack & pinion oar system makes it easy to row as it maintains proper length and alignment of the stroke while making it almost impossible for the oars to inadvertently come off. Last summer I let my 10-year nephew row my Assault and after a few minutes getting the hand-eye coordination, it became intuitive (other than looking backward to steer).

If your granddaughter likes the outdoors and fishing, she will love tubing and I can't think of a better way to spend time with her.
[signature]
Some advice about teaching her to row. Or anyone for that matter...

Let a ten foot piece of rope or line of some kind out in front of her. Now when she rows to one side or the other the line will start to bend and she'll know right away she is not rowing straight.

BTW don't even try to start her on a windy day. The added difficulty of rowing a straight line in the wind will compound her learning curve considerably.

To make everything easier on stillwater get her this book on amazon.com Success On Stillwater by Ken Raddon.
[signature]
Thank's for the info, the rope sound's like a good idea.
[signature]