Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mirage Mounted
I had a bit of time at lunch today so I finished my mounting job. As it turned out, this project was much easier than I anticipated... it took less than half the time I thought it would and I am very pleased with the results.

I should be able to get out Wednesday and try it (assuming I get time to go through the rest of the pontoon and ensure it is ready to go).

I built the Mirage Drive onto the foot rests. Fortunately the way the foot rest holes are oriented, I was able to bolt the frame into one of the foot rest adjustment holes without drilling into the frame. I zip-tied the other end with heavy duty (150lb) ties. This will allow me to easily move the Mirage frame on the foot rests.

It also allows me to keep the Mirage drive and foot rest section together for transportation and quick assembly.

[inline MirageDetatched.jpg]

The drive itself is held down by two J bolts. The J bolts are held in place with two wing nuts so they can be removed by hand if I decide to flip the drive around. (I do still need to flip the pedals so it pushes).

Because the mount is so far forward on the foot rests, I have some adjustment for the pedals with the foot rest. With the foot rests in their longest position, my leg fully extends on the Mirage drive.
[inline MirageMountedSide.jpg]

I plan to start testing with the drive moved in two more pegs on the foot mounts.

[inline MirageMountedFront.jpg]

Hopefully the weather cooperates Wednesday for a test!
[signature]