Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All I want for Christmas!
No secret, I am a Carp Aholic. I recently picked my bow up and I am getting in shape for that. At Deer Creek, the Carp roll in 1' to 2' of weed water. I have made it back there but, motor, fins or oars get tangled in the weeds so I have seriously thought of the SUP (stand up paddle) Problem is, I like the rowing ability of my other boats.

Dave heard me and he has come up with my dream machine. Needless to say, I will be selling a slightly used Predator, as this comes with a price. Just seems so worth it to me. The FUSION!

http://youtu.be/8XZ5iOz5wfM
[signature]
Joni,

I was just logging on to send you a PM to ask if you had seen the new Fuzion. It's a very interesting concept. I was hoping he would show the set-up or break-down on the video to better see how it looks deflated.

I had not really thought of it as a carp machine but since standing up to sight fish for them would be very beneficial I can see the value.

Jim
[signature]
I am thinking it is the same technology as the SUP. When inflated, they feel like a solid material. They roll up like a mat. The fins come out. Where this has the oar system however and the motor mount which is cool as heck, it will effect how small you roll it up. I like the handles up front.
[signature]
"Fuzion" is indeed descriptive of this very interesting merger of 'toon and SUP. Just some initial observations.

Using the oars seems a little awkward with one's hands being so low, but maybe the draft is so minimal that it takes little effort to row. HOWEVER, this looks like a great platform for MasterDaad's pedal project.

I like the optional skegs. That, coupled with very low profile, should minimize being pushed around by the wind (a real plus on Strawberry).

The motor mount is awesome and the ability use it as bow or stern propulsion offers real functionality. With light weight and almost no draft, you could easily use Endura 30 with 30" shaft (cheapest and lightest).

Size and weight are a big plus. It also looks like it would be easy to attach to a roof rack with minimal drag and noise.

Would like to try it before I buy it.

If you get one, you guys should come with Suz and me and float the Green, fish the Gorge, and have bar-b-q at the Snag.
[signature]
I was going to post it on Master's pedal boat, but price and lack of frame I opted not to.
If I float the Green, it will be the X5. This will be a stillwater boat, and I realize I will probably not be wearing hip waders.
I am on the waiting list however[Wink]
Wind resistance is less, but I am thinking it is a bigger foot print on the water.
[signature]
Sweeeet!

I would love to give that one a try.
[signature]
FG
Do you know its width, length, weight etc? Dave's page for it doesn't seem to work, except for the Christmas sale listing.

Is it all one air chamber? What is the pressure it is pumped to? Relief valve? It looks like the seat area might be a separate chamber.

His website seems to have left out the specs page, or I just can't find it.

I know that these are probably questions that you can't answer, but if asked maybe Dave will put more info on his site.

Thanks!
[signature]
They are having problems trying to post the Fusion on the site. Driving Dave nuts too.
Here is what I know
It is 4 ft. wide and 8 ft. long and 25 lbs. Specifically so it will fit easily in the back of a standard size pick-up. It is DST technology and can be
inflated to 15 lbs. Anything over 10 lbs. works fine. It is designed for high pressure so pressure release valves are not necessary. What appears
to be a separate chamber is razor cut EVA foam that we apply to give sure footing while standing.
Like I said, these feel solid to the touch. I think the new Drifter is using this as the floor.
[signature]
Thanks a bunch! I thought it looked a little smaller than the Renegade. All in all a nice looking boat.
[signature]
With this weather, I wonder if you couldn't modify the Fuzion as with some skids to haul gear onto the ice, drill a hole between the two pontoons, and have an insulated platform to stand and sit while ice fishing.

When you get one FG, you should have a "coming out" party so we can all check it out.
[signature]