Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chesterfield
year before last we had a bft get together there it was a blast met a lot of great folks. Might get a chance at the Idaho record walleye also
[signature]
hey fellas, i live in idaho but i usually drive right on past chesterfield to get to all the great fisheries in utah! have you ever fished the green river? or the Provo? these are great tailwater fisheries. if you like catching fish, its worth the drive. just sayin.
[signature]
Where are you from. Chesterfield. Soda. ? From what I hear the green river rocks. I'll stick with waters that fish run up. As far as Happy Valley. That's theirs and yours. Keep it a secret. I hate a lot of traffic...

just sayin.

Idaho
[signature]
I have kept quiet and appreciated your comments on both sides of the subject......I am a die hard Chesterfield fisherman and have been there more times than you can shake a stick at that you could nearly pull a crocodile Dundee and walk from boat to boat all through the summer. But you what? The big fish are still there! Chesterfield is a rainbow eatery. They grow quick, they grow fast, and they are there to either take out and bonk on the head or if you choose to let go for another day. As far as I am concerned everyone should have a chance in their life to land a monster. If fisherman from Utah decide that's their place to accomplish that...come on over and lets swap fish stories and be sure to pass the sport down to our children at the same time. Taz out.
[signature]
+1

Well said. Can not wait for a lot of ice on the Blue Waters of Bear Lake.

Santa told me their is going to be trouble when that happens. I told him, I am just gonna catch a few Macks.

Smiles.

Idaho
[signature]
I still say it is KAMLOOPS
[url "http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/fish/stocking/stockingDataDisplay.cfm"]http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/fish/stocking/stockingDataDisplay.cfm[/url]
They are fast growing.

I have read "here" many stating they have never fished here or there, but because of this forum they are venturing out.
Great you all are finding new spots, but the prettier you make it sound, they will come.
I have seen the change is several Idaho waters in the past five years and it is largely because of the internet, as read a lot bout them as well.

People, your choice...you want to keep that spot the way it is, quit mentioning it. Specially when you boast about the big fish and include pictures. So simple.
Not saying to not help a bro out with water conditions, but PM's are great for keeping it from thousands of on looking eyes.
Peace.
[signature]
[quote kglass]hey fellas, i live in idaho but i usually drive right on past chesterfield to get to all the great fisheries in utah! have you ever fished the green river? or the Provo? these are great tailwater fisheries. if you like catching fish, its worth the drive. just sayin.[/quote]
Well, there goes two of the biggest kept secerets in Utah (or is it uhta?)
Thanks a lot. Just sayin.
[signature]
There's fish in the Provo?! OMG! Lets keep that quiet or it'll be overrun by territorial fishermen [:p] Chesterfield is a great place, but hopefully the silent watchers of these forums realize that when it comes to fish of size there is no such thing as a gimme lake. Every lake has it's quirks and tricks that take time to figure out. You want bigger fish? Changing how you fish might just be as effective as changing where. Just saying
[signature]
Chesterfield isn't anything like it was 10 or 15 years ago. Back then a 10lber wasn't uncommon, now you just dont see it. All of these so called great places in Idaho aren't as good as they were 10 years ago. I am from idaho but fish in utah more than in idaho. I cant understand why people drive all the way up here when they have Flaming gorge, Bear lake, Strawberry, lake Powell.....just to name a few. I dont care where anyone fishes as long as they pay the fees and follow the law. I just dont get what is so great about chesterfield.
well said taz and your wecome to fish anywhere in ut [Smile]
[signature]