Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chesterfield
If you want to fish chesterfield better hurry its all over the utha board so it will be coverd in fish killing utahns soon
[signature]
If they support our fisheries with buying a license, I see no problem at all.. Sometimes I even fish in Utah myself...along with Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, Washington and Arizona. A line on a map doesn't mean much.

As far as fish killing, I see no problem of a legal limit for anyone either. The fisheries are managed with a certain amount of that taken into account also.

Personally I would love to see more go up to Henry's and harvest some more there. An over abundance of fish isn't a good thing for quality.
[signature]
That's about the dumbest thing I've heard in quite some time. Are you serious?
[signature]
Holy Shit!!!!!!! Ive been fishing Idaho for 15 years and never killed or taken one fish home. I go to the Devils Creek Derby with a handful of boys and we have never kept a fish. Now when I am home Utah and I want fish for the smoker we take our limit. Most of the time we stop at 20 perch and leave all the trout there. So you should be thanking me for bringing my money to Idaho and leaving it. Licenses, motels, fuel, oh and dont forget lotto tickets thats my 1, 2, 3.
[signature]
Thank you bud. I've never heard of utha or Chesterfield but I did a Google search and I will be grabbing my fillet knife and my several wives who like to kill fish and put them in Ziplock bags until they get freezer burn and throw them away because they are no good anymore.
Maybe I can swing by and pack some potatoes in your cellar.
[signature]
Yess , yesss , you've caught on too us utahns evil plan!!!

Stay off the utah side of bear lake then , and I'll stay off your presious chesterfield .

And for posting that comment I will now let everyone know on my forum that is chomping at the Bit to ice fish, that you've personally invited us utah fish killers to come fish it[shocked]

Have a good one!
[signature]
what report was on chesterfield? the one by maddog? If that's all you catch there you can have it! get a life!
[signature]
Fishing is fishing. Big, little or none...

Hard deck is always welcome. Deep Snow, not so much.

Idaho
[signature]
One person does not speak for all of us here in Idaho. Me either, but for myself I will say thank you to all of those non-resident anglers who help support our fisheries with their hard earned cash.

Most people don't know that our F&G departments ONLY have the funds from license sales. They are NOT funded from state tax funds. That is why our fees are a little higher. Without non-res sales they would be even higher yet. I for one am willing to share the resources, and likewise I have enjoyed fishing in many other states.

edit: I should add that complaining about legal anglers from out of state is just about the same as complaining
about fishermen coming to your "local" reservoir from another county. If fees are paid, then they have the right to that resource just as much as any "local". This is especially true for Idaho where no tax funds are used.
[signature]
I LOVE THIS SITE, PEOPLE ARE HILARIOUS
[signature]
I agree with CP we need and appreciate the out of state people that fish in our lovely state . I have friends and family , and making new friends from there all the time . Yesterday I met and fished with 5 Kaysville police officers . One of them was a menber of our forum . One of the best days I have ever had on the ice . I didn't catch a bunch of fish , but the company was great .
[signature]
Ok I am sorry for snapping. I too have a lot of friends and family in Idaho Love to support their fisheries and I too have fished with them friendly officers. They are an awesome group of guys. Merry Christmas to you guys.
[signature]
[quote hogstalker]I LOVE THIS SITE, PEOPLE ARE HILARIOUS[/quote]

That is true, but not all of them. Some are sincere true sportsmen/women with intelligent things to say.

Takes three or four resident sales to equal one non resident.

Don't trust the licence plate either. Someone born and raised Idaho that now lives in Utah or someone born raised Utah that now lives in Idaho...who is more welcome?
[signature]
Like I said, a line on a map doesn't mean much. There are good and bad people everywhere.

The way I look at it is that all public and state fisheries are "pay to play" same as the private ones. You're home state is simply seen as a better bargain since you have already paid in other ways.

It is nice to have an area close to home that isn't crowded, but that is getting hard to find no matter where you live.

The one thing I really hate is anyone that trashes fishing and camping areas. I don't care who they are, where they are from, or how much they paid to be there. They can go home and live in their own trash dump. Maybe someday schools will teach basic classes in 101 Trash Can Location!

I appreciate people from in state or out of state that really care about the resources that we have. I have met many people from Utah and Wyo fishing here that are great people and show it by how they treat others and the area. Courtesy and good manners counts for a lot.

FG and her husband are some of those good ones that I would welcome to fish in my backyard if I had fish there .... sorry only sagebrush and wheat!! [laugh]
[signature]
Same to you and several others here.

fish4life123, you want to keep UTAHANs off your waters...DON'T POST THE WATERS NAME!
Simple.
I am sure you just sparked the interest in several people that have never heard of this lake.
This forum has helped on many levels, including over populating certain bodies of water. All for a chest thump.
[signature]
Everyone is welcome and I'll help put you on fish, just respect the resource. Pack it in pack it out, it costs to empty trash cans. I wonder if people wipe shit on the walls at home too. White trash comes in all kinds of colors and it gives us rednecks a bad name. Walcott should be ready soon, it's freakin cold up here.
[signature]
I am born and raised in Utah. I was lucky enough to hear about this particular water a few years ago. 5 of us made the trip north. We bought non-res licenses, food, gas, and more food all while in ID. I bet all together the 5 of us contributed $200+ to your state. But worth it to enjoy a great fishery. All together that day I bet there were 10-15 guys we knew from UT and 0 fish harvested from all the guys we knew. so of the 15 or so guys we knew that day from UT, say each spent $40 that day only. Thats $600 into your local economy, which, as has been mentioned, keeps prices lower for you. Now say that us fish killers from UT send only 20 guys a week during ice season alone. Which is being very conservative. Us from UT could easily contribute 16,000 dollars during the ice season alone. Thats just one day a week, of 20 guys spending 40$. Now I bet more guys fish it than I am saying, which only makes the money spent go up. If I was from a small town in UT, with a great fishery near a state line, and had a small economy within driving distance from the fishery, I would welcome 16,000 from non-residents. Your response is very un-educated, and shows you are one of the few that give others from ID a bad name. You want a great fishery but dont want to share. That will end up in a dead fishery, as there wont be enough funds to back your precious little lake. Now, who wants to go spend some money in ID this weekend to help keep this fishery great for the years to come?
[signature]
I am from Utah. I pay my fair share of dues to the states fishing multiple Idaho and Wyoming reserviors each year when the deck gets hard. I travel the distance to go where the good fish are, and to have fun with my kids. I also make lots of new friends each year on the ice. Normally I will only take home 1 good fish home to feed my family, most of the time I just take pic or videos for fun and proof that I do not tell fish stories. [Wink] Have a great time everyone !!!
[signature]
[quote fsh4fun05] Thank you bud. I've never heard of utha or Chesterfield but I did a Google search and I will be grabbing my fillet knife and my several wives who like to kill fish and put them in Ziplock bags until they get freezer burn and throw them away because they are no good anymore.[/quote] How can anyone not think that is funny?
Am I missing something, has the original poster not come back to..."defend" himself?
The funniest people here....as anywhere....are quite often some of the "smartest".......although what started this was pretty funny.
To go with the lines on the map, shall we bicker about religion and politics too?
Yeah, many of us may get irked seeing those constant out of state plates at our little getaway.......but really?
[signature]
What I really want to know is .... was it the wives that went into the ziplock bags?
[signature]