Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport ice report
Rockport has ice. The highway side is an inch and sketchy, some open water. However the boat launch in the park,has 1 3/4 inches.... And I fished it. The DWR. Said it was open water 12 hours before I walked on it. here is the first fish on the hard deck!!! I caught 2 18 inches and 3 10
[signature]
[cool]Nice bow! Sure hope the perch fishing is good there this year, but you have to get out deeper to find them at the rock. Usually 35 ft or deeper...
[signature]
Love how those snow or ice crystals grew. AMAZING.
[signature]
Thanks for the report! I can almost feel the perch biting and taste the fish tacos already! I guess I better fuel up the old auger and charge up the flasher!
[signature]
"ROCKPORT RESERVOIR: (December 06) The reservoir is almost completely frozen and safe ice fishing conditions should be here shortly. Previous angler reports indicate that fishing by the dam is very good using crankbaits and spinners. Don't miss the Wasatch Back Quad-fishalon. For details, visit the [url "http://stateparks.utah.gov/park/rockport-state-park/events/rockport-fishing-tournament-event-3-wasatch-back-quad-fishalon-1"]Rockport State Park website[/url]."

The above came out of the weekly email update by region from the DWR in UT.

Please be careful when venturing out on the "new" ice guys/gals there isnt a fish in the world worth one of my fellow BFTers or their families. be safe, and have fun.
[signature]